Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    ES13Raven
    Guest

    Default RX65 has it down... X50 does not

    I can't believe how many POP falses I have been getting with my brand-new X50 rev. 5... I get at least 1 a day, sometimes 2 and I am not driving around that much. I have verified that a few of them have come from other drivers having Cobra's or other crap detectors, but sometimes I get a POP false right before I am about to drive through a known false area.

    My RX65 has never had a POP false, and the RX65 does very well in POP tests!

    I wonder why Belscort can get it right with the RX65, but not the X50...

    Maybe time for another firmware update :?:

  2. #2
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Um, ive had the opposite results, my x50 has had 2 pop falses in 2 or 3 months, and the rx65 when i plugged it in, and turned POP on- went nuts.

  3. #3
    ES13Raven
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Um, ive had the opposite results, my x50 has had 2 pop falses in 2 or 3 months, and the rx65 when i plugged it in, and turned POP on- went nuts.
    What firmware revision was your RX65?

    EDIT: And were you running Ka INTL or USA?

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: RX65 has it down... X50 does not

    Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    I can't believe how many POP falses I have been getting with my brand-new X50 rev. 5... I get at least 1 a day, sometimes 2 and I am not driving around that much. I have verified that a few of them have come from other drivers having Cobra's or other crap detectors, but sometimes I get a POP false right before I am about to drive through a known false area.

    My RX65 has never had a POP false, and the RX65 does very well in POP tests!

    I wonder why Belscort can get it right with the RX65, but not the X50...

    Maybe time for another firmware update :?:
    My RX65 does false on POP. I think it is just a matter of time ES13Raven before yours does the same. I think all manufactures are having problems with the POP falses but I seem to hear about them mostly on the X50. I turned POP off on my 65 because it use to scare the crap out of me and I just hate fasle alarms of any kind. What mode are you using your RX65 in ES13Raven? INTL or USA? I predominitely use INTL but have been experimenting with USA mode and I can tell you while using USA mode and POP together, the falses are non stop. While using INTL mode and POP, the falses are significantly reduced. Compu44 and myself have found that USA mode (no pop) does create more falses on Ka but seems to be more sensitive. I get 1 to 3 falses a day using USA mode on Ka, but INTL mode I can count on 1 hand how many falses I have recieved since owning the RX65 since July of this year. I am trying to bare with using USA mode, but while using INTL mode I am assured that it is a real threat. I can not say the same for USA mode. Sorry to get off topic a little here at the end but I hope this helps.

  5. #5
    ES13Raven
    Guest

    Default Re: RX65 has it down... X50 does not

    Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    What mode are you using your RX65 in ES13Raven? INTL or USA?
    I run: Ka INTL, K, X, POP, Voice and Laser in City STD.

    This is just something I have noticed with the X50... I used my RX65 for over a month before I got the X50. I have only had the X50 for about a week and I have received all these POP falses with it. I generally drive the same roads all the time. I never had a POP false with the RX65 driving these same roads, where with the X50 I have had at least one a day...

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: RX65 has it down... X50 does not

    Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    What mode are you using your RX65 in ES13Raven? INTL or USA?
    I run: Ka INTL, K, X, POP, Voice and Laser in City STD.

    This is just something I have noticed with the X50... I used my RX65 for over a month before I got the X50. I have only had the X50 for about a week and I have received all these POP falses with it. I generally drive the same roads all the time. I never had a POP false with the RX65 driving these same roads, where with the X50 I have had at least one a day...
    So which detector are you going to keep?

  7. #7

    Default

    So when you are saying pop falses you are saying when the radar detector goes full alert and displays pop on the display? This has happend to me twice with my x50, first was a real threat bike cop hitting people. then the next time, i was driving down a back road and a car comming the oposite direction caused it to go off, and when we passed oneanother I saw he had a detector in his window. I am not sure what kind but I would assume a cheap one that leaks alot?

    Matt

  8. #8
    ES13Raven
    Guest

    Default Re: RX65 has it down... X50 does not

    Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    So which detector are you going to keep?
    I'm gonna give the X50 a good month or so, then spend a week with the RX65 again and decide.

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Owatonna, MN
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I was recently testing my rx65 also, hear is what I learned. When set to USA with pop on-- I got alot of falses from tractors in the fields plowing and combines, best I could figure was the radio equipment in those types of equipment.

    Anyway, turned unit back to INT and reduced falses. but still falsed. I never had a verifiable pop/cop. so I now have pop turned off and run in INT mode. Peace and quiet...except for one annoying carwash door sensor that wil give me a K1 alert every day approximately 1/2 mile form the source, and it never registers more than K1.

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SouthEastern,Virginia
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark1
    I was recently testing my rx65 also, hear is what I learned. When set to USA with pop on-- I got alot of falses from tractors in the fields plowing and combines, best I could figure was the radio equipment in those types of equipment.

    Anyway, turned unit back to INT and reduced falses. but still falsed. I never had a verifiable pop/cop. so I now have pop turned off and run in INT mode. Peace and quiet...except for one annoying carwash door sensor that wil give me a K1 alert every day approximately 1/2 mile form the source, and it never registers more than K1.
    Most Farm equipment run K-band antennas. When I do my trips from Va to Central ILL. I get hit with a lot of K band. Though my last trip I had only 3 J-pops on the 3.818 firmware on my V1

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RX65 vs V995. RX65 discontinued, but V995 remains
    By marksand in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. RX65 Blue vs Refurb S7 RX65
    By ksujedi in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
  4. X50 and RX65
    By Radar 4 Ever in forum Escort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •