Newcomer

Default Rx75 Wiring/plugs

Howdy all, I would have posted this direct to a RX75 user, but since I'm new here I can't do PMs. Hopefully someone can help me getting my RD going again.

I have an old RX75 sitting in a box which I recovered from a car of mine which met an early death a couple of years ago. As the car was written off by the insurance company I decided I wanted to take my RX75 out of it before it went to the scrap heap (somehow, despite the accident, the RX75 survived), but as the installation was very tight (and there were cable ties every 30cm) I ended up having to cut the cords to get it out. At the time I didn't think this would be an issue as I thought they were standard telephone type cords. Putting it back together, however, was not as simple as I didn't check pin orientation etc before cutting, and left the plugs behind for some unknown reason.

I tried to do this a while back via another forum but the person only described the wire colours and pins to me, and there was confusion over the plug orientation. I tried a few different combinations, but it behaved rather oddly and didn't work. With any luck I didn't fry it.

So I was hoping someone might be able to take some pictures of each plug which goes into the hub (ie: the radar antenna, the laser receivers and the control panel) so I can see what coloured wire goes to what pins. (eg: hxxp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/RJ9_Handset_diagram.svg/1000px-RJ9_Handset_diagram.svg.png)

It would be greatly appreciated, as I'd really like to get my RX75 going again, it was only about a month old before the accident ...

Thanks in advance

Sk

Speed Demon

Default Re: Rx75 Wiring/plugs

G'day mate!

I don't have an Rx75, but this might help you: The wires should have either a seam or rough texture on one side of them, or printed information. This marked side goes toward the clip on the connetor. In the wikimedia picture, the maked side goes up. The wire colors are not always standardized.

Street Lawyer

Newcomer

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks to BigAlinWV for PM'ing me. Unfortunately I don't yet have enough of a post count to send PMs, and I'm not going to spam up the board just to get my count up.

BigAlinWV, I was hoping for a quick photo of the ends of the plugs that connect the Laser/Radar receivers to the central 'hub'. When I cut the wires I didn't think to keep the plugs, so I'm not sure which coloured wire is connected to which pin on the plug.

A closeup photo of the plastic telephone-style plug which goes into the hub should allow me to see which coloured wire goes to which pin. Generally there's only a couple of different wiring colours used on these type of cables, so hopefully I should be able to work it out even if mine are different.

Thanks again