Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good Citizen

Default Re: Gx65 vs ultra low power speed camera

I tested Bel 550 vs the high mounted K band Gatso's in Attiki Odos Highway 4 days ago. The detection was excellent, about 600 m. I' ll test the Bel 550 vs K band Gatsos in Marathon avenue as soon as possible and I' ll post the results.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbDINmF1OyA"]YouTube - Bel 550 vs High Mounted K band Gatso (A.O. 2nd)[/ame]

Thnx for your time.
    Last edited by pipinos1976; 02-16-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by nickstath View Post
    I did a test the other day and found that the vertical mounts may really help in the low power situations. I got almost 3x the distance against the mobile cams here in AZ but that is just a portion of our radar.

I hope to be able to create a 9500i(x) version of the vertical RD and put it behind the grill (waterproofed or course) so that it "may" not interfere with the WS mounted device that is concerned with circular polarized radar references.

There are a number of vids that show the vertical mount works and there is a recent thread concerning this subject (vertical vs horizontal).

Like yours I also have noticed that the Belscorts notify a bit late and continue to notify for a while after passing the source sometimes falsely indicating the strongest signal after passing. This is a "feature" of Belscorts.

You need a Cheetah!

Good Citizen

Finally tested my 3 RDs vs the new K band cameras.

The 3 RDs are: Radioshack, Snooper S5R and Bel 550.

Radioshack was tested against 2 cameras as I used it during driving to just spot the cameras.

The other 2 RDs were tested against the 2nd camera, the one nickstath presents in the very first post of this topic.

All RDs were dashboard placed at the exact same spot. The test was done today, February 27, 2010, with temperature of 13.5 deg Celsius and high humidity (light rain earlier), which reduced the detection range a little bit. I believe that a sunny day the results will be better.

I tried to avoid traffic but it's impossible to do so the time I performed the test. So, think about clear field and reflections when you process the videos.

My speedometer is +2 of the real speed (checked, double and tripled checked with radar, lidar and gps), so, you can use it to find the detection range.

Radioshack - 1st camera

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPFFMZBSh7k"]YouTube - Radioshack vs K band Gatso - Marathon avenue - 01[/ame]

As you can see, the detection starts after I pass the 200 m road sign. It's about 100 m.

Radioshack - 2nd camera

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fwIjfpVlHw"]YouTube - Radioshack vs K band Gatso - Marathon avenue - 02[/ame]

Same story here. The detection is about 100 m (I believe 90 to be exact). Too late to react if you are really speeding.

Snooper S5R - 2nd camera

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2gyVjbuPN0"]YouTube - Snooper S5R vs K band Gatso - Marathon avenue[/ame]

The detection is about 250 m (240 to be exact). More than enough if you don't speed too much.

Bel 550 - 2nd camera

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcafZMjLH6c"]YouTube - Bel 550 vs K band Gatso - Marathon avenue[/ame]

The detection is about 230 m. Enough to slow down if you don't over speed.

As you can see, the detection range of Bel 550, Bel GX65 and Snooper S5R is almost the same. The limit is posed by the power emitted by the camera which is extremely low. The next step is to test the same cameras vs V1 and Sti-R. I don't know anyone with this equipment nearby Athens, so, if anyone is interested, it would be good to do the test.

Thnx for your time.
    Last edited by pipinos1976; 02-28-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Experienced

GX 65 was tested against the camera that you test Radioshack.With cold weather and high humidity too.I have an RX 65 and a Quintezz Drive control if you want to test.

Good Citizen

Two things to add:

1. The frequency Bel 550 showed was 24.135 GHz. BUT, when I tested it driving the opposite direction, the frequency was 24.169 GHz. Having such a big difference is a very strange thing. I believe the results are almost the same on all the new cameras and that's the reason they are a very good for testing different RDs.

2. If you can test the other 2 RDs it would be great, so, we can have a database of different RDs with different detection ranges. It would be great to embed the results to a site like myforumplus or bloka, but the 2nd is closed for the moment and the 1st is hostile to my presence due to my independence. Feel free though to use my vids. After all, it's just testing for fun. In the real world the only thing you need is GPS with camera database.

Thnx for your time.