Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Just got my bel rx65! Yeah yeah!

Hey guys, this is my first radar! I live in California and drive from valencia to orange county most of my time. So far today using it, I noticed passing by groceries, gas stations, and trucks stops on the freeway(where it says all trucks this way) has at least X's 2bars. Then passing some certain ones full on X. There were 2 times it was on full X. Scared the crap out of me because this is my first time using it and owning a radar. But I guess those are all falses because I never saw a cop. I also get once in a while a bar or two of K. Never saw a cop either. I've drove about 120 miles today to try to get used to it. Tomorrow I will try the THT mode also. I have my radar set on everything on except SWS as I learned in this forum I should keep it off. I see signs on the freeway that say radar enforced but saw no cop or no signs on my radar. Makes me wanna drive a lot more tho. Thanks everyone for all the info on everything! Awesome forum!

Old Timer

Have fun

Radar Fanatic

fatty,

Congratulations on your new unit. I think that there are three of us from CA on this forum now.
    What you are picking up is automatic door openers at your convenience stores.
    Once you get use to your new unit you can turn X off as it was the first band out. Think in the 70's not used in CA/NV but if you go to OR keep it on. You will cut about 90% of your false alarms. However K band false alarms are in growing numbers.
    Ka typically the real thing except for junk detectors. All CHP have Ka now.
    A few years ago almost none of the CHP had radar, some kind of ruling.
    Valencia is that around the grape vine, six flags? I have only been hit twice with laser in 12 years think it was in Valencia, city cop my first hit. Careful with this stuff as you become toast.

Founder of Stealthvation

You got one heck of a detector. I am buying one for my wife this weekend
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    fatty,

Congratulations on your new unit. I think that there are three of us from CA on this forum now.
    What you are picking up is automatic door openers at your convenience stores.
    Once you get use to your new unit you can turn X off as it was the first band out. Think in the 70's not used in CA/NV but if you go to OR keep it on. You will cut about 90% of your false alarms. However K band false alarms are in growing numbers.
    Ka typically the real thing except for junk detectors. All CHP have Ka now.
    A few years ago almost none of the CHP had radar, some kind of ruling.
    Valencia is that around the grape vine, six flags? I have only been hit twice with laser in 12 years think it was in Valencia, city cop my first hit. Careful with this stuff as you become toast.
    Yeah, three from CA and not forgetting one from SINGAPORE..

Good Citizen

Hi Guys,

i live in Cali too.

Commute 60 miles RT from Burbank to Westlake each day.

Excellent site we have here!

One more new guy in CA - live East of Sacramento toward Tahoe.

Just got my RX65 on Monday and loving it. Will post impressions in another week, but so far two thumbs up.

Good Citizen

Default RX 65

Why turn off SWS :roll:

Radar Fanatic

If you're even a little concerned about X band, autoscan might be a good choice. It can even seem to tell an X-band traffic light sensor from something else. I don't get an alert on a traffic light sensor until i'm right on it with autoscan, and I get nearly a mile with highway mode. Some X frequencies are unaffected in sensitivity it seems though.

Yoda of Radar

I'm in the "other" CA

that has the same number of inhabitants... :shock: