Power User

Default STI Driver on sale til end of march $399.00

Loves Travel Centers. Comes with nice Chrome case and external speaker..

Lead Foot

Default Re: STI Driver on sale til end of march $399.00

Thanks for the info.. If interested they have an ad on their website about what else is on sale.

Is the STI Driver worth buying, or should I just pull the trigger on a Redline? Is there that big of a difference in both city and highway driving between the two?

Thanks.

Professional

just my thoughts..

The STi is a great RD and at that price well worth the cash, that said the Redline will out perform the STi most every time on all bands. I mean the selling point of the V1,STi,Redline is raw performance and I put STi in last place out of those three.....good luck

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa View Post
    Thanks for the info.. If interested they have an ad on their website about what else is on sale.

Is the STI Driver worth buying, or should I just pull the trigger on a Redline? Is there that big of a difference in both city and highway driving between the two?

Thanks.
    Definatly get the Redline, it was alot better on K band than my STi. And the Redline seems to do just as good if not a little better on Ka Band.

Speed Demon

I have one of each. Hands down, the Redline is awesome on K Band. That said the STi Driver is amazing on Ka. Whichever the LEO's use more of in your area, that should be the deciding factor on which one to get.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    just my thoughts..

The STi is a great RD and at that price well worth the cash, that said the Redline will out perform the STi most every time on all bands. I mean the selling point of the V1,STi,Redline is raw performance and I put STi in last place out of those three.....good luck

Thanks to all for the info.

Maybe I'll spend a little more and just get the Redline, since I don't really need both. Considering I already have a new V1.

Thanks again for the help.

I forgot to ask..

Is Love's an authorized dealer? If so I'll tell a buddy of mine (who's looking for a RD) to go by our local store and see if they have any in stock.
    Last edited by nosbusa; 03-06-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Power User

GOL 2009 Test STI results on ka constant on Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER

33.8 3rd place
    34.7 2nd place
    35.5 tied for 5th place

Notice how the STI beat the ci and sti-r and most of all the other detectors in the GOL ka constant on testing. This shows how well the STI does in constant on ka real world encounters. I would guess the Redline would be better than the STI on all ka and quite a bit better on K band.
    I have logged a lot of miles with STI's and they are very consistent performers on ka band.

I shared this info for someone who wants a great stealth detector, but may not be able to afford an extra $100 bones for a Redline in these tough times.
    Loves is an authorized dealer.
    Last edited by Freebird; 03-06-2010 at 08:43 AM.