Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lucky Ones

Default The Lucky Ones

How many Sti R's were sold in the US before they discontinued? Seeing that it is the best raw performer ever produced because of it's ability to adjust which Ka bands are being monitored and the ability to turn off filtering (RDR off) Is there a way of finding out how many (Lucky Ones) are out there? There has been some zombie conversions because of its ability and the fact that they could suck them up at half their original price. Being an owner prior to the sell off and discontinuing I would like to know. I'm surprised the price didn't go up instead of down when they closed out. I do love all those crying for the Sti R plus. Red light cameras gps bump it use trapster.

Professional

Default Re: The Lucky Ones

Quote Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
    How many Sti R's were sold in the US before they discontinued? Seeing that it is the best raw performer ever produced because of it's ability to adjust which Ka bands are being monitored and the ability to turn off filtering (RDR off) Is there a way of finding out how many (Lucky Ones) are out there? There has been some zombie conversions because of its ability and the fact that they could suck them up at half their original price. Being an owner prior to the sell off and discontinuing I would like to know. I'm surprised the price didn't go up instead of down when they closed out. I do love all those crying for the Sti R plus. Red light cameras gps bump it use trapster.
    I'm sure belscort has numbers but I doubt they'll publish them. I really don't understand why it was killed. As far as raw radar detection performance (and they are called radar detectors...) it and the CI seem to be accepted as being the most sensitive albeit not the most reactive.

Street Lawyer

I'm one of the Lucky ones

Yoda of Radar

The STi-R was discontinued because it didn't sell. It was a bare bones detector that was too expensive at $1100. They only started to sell well once they were discontinued and the price was cut in half. The 9500ci sold many, many more units for $500 more. What the consumer told Belscort they wanted was the GPS features incorporated into the STi-R, so voila.....Belscort made the STi-R Plus.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    The STi-R was discontinued because it didn't sell. It was a bare bones detector that was too expensive at $1100. They only started to sell well once they were discontinued and the price was cut in half. The 9500ci sold many, many more units for $500 more. What the consumer told Belscort they wanted was the GPS features incorporated into the STi-R, so voila.....Belscort made the STi-R Plus.
    and then didn't sell it here lol

no your right the STi-R wasn't well priced at 1100 but at 600 it was a ****ing deal

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I'm sure belscort has numbers but I doubt they'll publish them. I really don't understand why it was killed. As far as raw radar detection performance (and they are called radar detectors...) it and the CI seem to be accepted as being the most sensitive albeit not the most reactive.
    I'd just comment that there was independent testing done here against "quick trigger" instant on and the STI-R actually outperformed the V1 if I remember correctly. However, under different circumstances, it is anyone's guess as to which would out perform the other against short bursts of radar.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I'd just comment that there was independent testing done here against "quick trigger" instant on and the STI-R actually outperformed the V1 if I remember correctly. However, under different circumstances, it is anyone's guess as to which would out perform the other against short bursts of radar.
    links?

Professional

I'll see if I can find them when I get back. The test is pretty interesting, it was basically to see how much ka segmentation helped the STI-R. The thread is a very good read. I'm about to leave for gulf shores, al, if I get any encounters I'll post them on the forum as well.

Speed Demon

I bought 2 STi-R
    Paid $520(authorized dealer),and $449.36(Unauthroized,later I SOLD it for $599 in 3bay)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power User

I got mine a couple of months. Hopefully I can buy another one for my (hopefully) new car this year.