Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default New toy arrived Sti R

Just got it yesterday. Spent couple of hours just reading and finding a good place for the antenna. It will be supplementing my V1. I will get some pics after the install.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New toy arrived Sti R

From reading alot of reviews, that is a very nice Remote RD. Did you get it for a good price?

Professional

Man I love my STI-R. I run both my V1 and my STI-R in my car. V1 is pretty comparable on city streets just because they aren't as long and there are a lot of places for cops to turn on the roads, it's the highway where the STI-R truly shines. Enjoy it.

Power User

Congrats, you'll like it!

V1/STi is a phenomenal combo. Just last night my STi had a good 30 second jump on the V1 with 35.5.

I'm not sure if it's really THAT much more sensitive than the V1 but rather having the 2 antennas in different places gives you a solid advantage in some situations.

I guess with an M3/V1 you have 4 antennas...
    Last edited by srtga; 04-24-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    Congrats, you'll like it!

V1/STi is a phenomenal combo. Just last night my STi had a good 30 second jump on the V1 with 35.5.

I'm not sure if it's really THAT much more sensitive than the V1 but rather having the 2 antennas in different places gives you a solid advantage in some situations.

I guess with an M3/V1 you have 4 antennas...
    Srtga you are running an older V1 right? I do not mean to question anyone, but there is a noticeable difference with the newer V1's.

RadarBusters Associate

great to hear you got an Sti R, hope it works well with your V1, can't wait for the pics

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Srtga you are running an older V1 right? I do not mean to question anyone, but there is a noticeable difference with the newer V1's.
    It's an 813 that I run in my car. I have a newer one (872 I think) but I've never compared them. They seem to perform about the same. The .813 went in for a tune about a year ago.

You think the 813 stuff is hype?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    It's an 813 that I run in my car. I have a newer one (872 I think) but I've never compared them. They seem to perform about the same. The .813 went in for a tune about a year ago.

You think the 813 stuff is hype?
    Look, I have not owned the 813, but testing has proved it to be hype compared to the current model. DJ does the same thing and always compares his older V1 that has been tuned to the ci, look the stir and ci is the latest and greatest I think it is only fair to compare the latest V1's to them.

The 3.872 have proven to be the overall best, hey V1's look the same for practically 18 years, but it is 18 years of perfection. I think there can be some simple changes to it, but Mike V is stubborn and doesn't listen to the customer like most companies do.

Another thought for all those people running the V1 and stir together, it is a waste of money, you are only really get tech/spec display. I think save your money and run one or the other and spend the money on a jammer.

The best set up will be running a cheetah and V1, that is all anyone will ever need.
    Last edited by focalcivic; 04-25-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Power User

I wouldn't say it's a waste because I like gadgets The sti did just beat the v1 by a pretty good margin on 34.7XX a minute ago. I will say that the V1 offers a lot better protection from the rear.

Still can't beat the ramp-up on the v1...

Radar Fanatic

Well I got it mounted today. Still got wires hanging out of the dash, mainly from the M47 and the led lights. It may be a waste of money, but its my money. I already have (2) V1 872 upgraded from (2) X50. I love the V1 but want two detectors incase one isn't giving 100%. Plus I just like new stuff and always wanted to try the Stir R.
    Last edited by fire65; 04-25-2010 at 07:45 PM.