ES13Raven

Default RX65 USA Mode / AccuSweep Frequency Range Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    Here is a list of freqs I have recorded from VALID Ka radar so far (need more time/data).

34.700 (known channel)

We do not know how wide the RX65 looks on each channel on USA mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    For USA mode I am sure that they designed the units to take into account a suitable guard band so that "normal" off-frequency units are not missed.
    For those of us who have the RX65 and run USA / AccuSweep mode, I wanted to start a thread to post Ka frequencies that we come across so we can figure out how big the "guard-band" is.

Please post the frequencies you find on the Tech Display :wink:

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by philnz
    rx 65
    have just started running usa mode in new zealand instead of the intl mode to see if any different
    in first day have picked up 2 cops and a photo radar
    on photo 34.6 seemed to get better warning but this could have just been the site/conditions
    freq have ranged from
    34.6?? photo
    34.716 stalker/cop
    34.599 signal increased like a cop but was on ph so no id
    I am recording the frequencies on every hit and taking notes. So far all of the USA Mode hits have fallen into +/- 100 MHz. Not one of the false signals has been out of that range.
    Yesterday I logged five more hits in USA Mode. Only one hit was genuine enforcement radar. The others were falses. One white BMW (with a black bra) sent out three different false hits until it passed by (going the other direction). One local was running on 34.685 and was 90 deg from my antenna. The range was very low at this angle. He was using constant on mode. One false came in at 35.399 GHz. This is interesting because it is 101 MHz from the center frequency of 35.500. I noticed philnz also logged one hit just outside of the suspected 200 MHz window.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    http://radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=5522&highlight=post
    I was going to say that thread doesn't help much for USA mode data, but then I saw that Philbert posted this:
    Thanks! I can't speak for Accusweep, but I can for USA Mode on the RX65. After much testing I have concluded the feature gives you three windows of 202 MHz centered on 33.8, 34.7, and 35.5. Although not exactly test gear, I used a crappy Uniden RD (more like RE) to generate a bunch of false signals. I tested in USA mode and International mode. All of the interfering signals were picked up in the 202 MHz windows on USA Mode (none outside), and many many signals were logged outside those windows in IM.
    I guess Philbert has done testing with this :wink:

Experienced

Good thread guys...Keep it going, i am intrested in more results.

I wish GOL or others would do testing like this.. :P

Advanced Member

Basically, here's the bottom line:
    In USA Mode, the RX-65 sweeps the 3 main freqs +/- 100 MHz. But sometimes the detector might display a frequency outside of this range due to the low resolution of the tech display.

Jim

Power User

In USA Mode, the RX-65 sweeps the 3 main freqs +/- 100 MHz. But sometimes the detector might display a frequency outside of this range due to the low resolution of the tech display.

Jim
    My opinion of the TECH display is that I believe it to possible be unreliable, as the case with the "hopping" frequencies. I had a confirmed trooper at 33.491 and 33.693 which jumped to 33.712 and back to 33.693, these were constant Ka, and strong, the signal did not cut out. I did not realize the numbers were way out of calibration from the supposed 33.8 untill after the fact, I am beging to believe that either maybe some DSR 2X are actually using this Ka wide in my area or the TECH display is showing mis information while the RD is actually picking up a signal that is say 33.8. If my Bel was not in full Ka wide mode I do not know if I would have had a warning in USA/Accusweep. Hopefully a trip at the end of January will aid in verifying what my troopers are using, I am going to get to the bottom of this, maybe pissing off my girl as I stop on the side of the road to figure things out but it is in the name of research and dam it, I want to have confidence running USA/Accusweep mode.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by amoney

Jim
    My opinion of the TECH display is that I believe it to possible be unreliable, as the case with the "hopping" frequencies. I had a confirmed trooper at 33.491 and 33.693 which jumped to 33.712 and back to 33.693, these were constant Ka, and strong, the signal did not cut out. I did not realize the numbers were way out of calibration from the supposed 33.8 untill after the fact, I am beging to believe that either maybe some DSR 2X are actually using this Ka wide in my area or the TECH display is showing mis information while the RD is actually picking up a signal that is say 33.8. If my Bel was not in full Ka wide mode I do not know if I would have had a warning in USA/Accusweep. Hopefully a trip at the end of January will aid in verifying what my troopers are using, I am going to get to the bottom of this, maybe pissing off my girl as I stop on the side of the road to figure things out but it is in the name of research and dam it, I want to have confidence running USA/Accusweep mode.

Standing ovation!!!!!!!

Well said...

Keep us posted