Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RX65 4.5 flaw

Radar Fanatic

Default RX65 4.5 flaw

I just realized today that somewhere between the 3.2 revision and the 4.5 revision, the ability to mute POP alerts has disappeared. I was sitting in traffic today and just getting a constant string of POP falses. With the 3.2, I could reach up and mute it and it would just make a really quiet "tick" for each additional POP. No more. Not a problem really with fairly minimal number of POP falses in rev 4.5, I just found it really strange that would be changed.

Don't know if Bel is aware of this, but apparently they monitor these forums to a degree, so here is is. Bel- Please send me a rev 4.6 with POP muting back and a city K mode for good measure!

Guess Valentine isn't the only one that glitches up a firmware every now and then.

Experienced

ill look to see if i can get a pop false and try to mute it...maybe its just ur unit.. are you using the smart plug? or are you hard wired?

ES13Raven

Default Re: RX65 4.5 flaw

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Don't know if Bel is aware of this, but apparently they monitor these forums to a degree, so here is is. Bel- Please send me a rev 4.6 with POP muting back and a city K mode for good measure!
    Here Here!!!

And fix the damn Auto-Mute...

The X50 AutoMute works correctly. On the RX65, if a weak signal disappears for a second and comes back - it goes back to full volume. It is really annoying if you are sitting at a light and the weak signal keeps dropping.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Here Here!!!

And fix the *BEEP* Auto-Mute...

The X50 AutoMute works correctly. On the RX65, if a weak signal disappears for a second and comes back - it goes back to full volume. It is really annoying if you are sitting at a light and the weak signal keeps dropping.

on what band?

mine works fine for x and k

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieth3king
    Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Here Here!!!

And fix the *BEEP* Auto-Mute...

on what band?

mine works fine for x and k
    Mine too.

Experienced

hmmm,,, i am intrested to test mine out.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieth3king
    on what band?
    K so far...

The Auto-Mute works.... but only if the signal drops for a second or 2 and then comes back does it go back to full volume. Then I have to wait for 4-5 seconds for the automute to kick back in.

Experienced

i havent had that problem.. strange

Good Citizen

Yep, mine does that too. If the signal drops for a couple of seconds after the auto-mute kicks in and then comes back again after a few seconds the detector sees it as a new alert and returns to full volume.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by squonk
    Yep, mine does that too. If the signal drops for a couple of seconds after the auto-mute kicks in and then comes back again after a few seconds the detector sees it as a new alert and returns to full volume.
    I thought that was normal (and not as good of an auto-mute as my Whistler Pro-58 ) until I got the X50. Its works good on the X50.