Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default STi-R misses QT, again...

Yea, this is the third time I've had the stir miss a couple of confirmed Q/T shots.

Divided 4 lane, pretty straight, gently rolling hills. I heard a call out on the CB about "One at your front door" so I was already on alert. I knew it was on the same road but didn't know if he was behind me or ahead because I didn't hear the direction.

He was ahead, oncoming. I got a quick Ka blast and slowed down to about 5 over PSL when He popped into view and targeted me. Still not a peep from the stir.

It did alert when he was BEHIND me and started firing longer bursts.

I'm having trouble understanding how the stir beats the V1 most of the time with Ka but misses these QT shots but It's true. I've seen it.

My guess is that it has more to do with antenna placement than anything

I didn't get the freq but it was a local small town cop. That's kinda scary itself

Professional

Default Re: STi-R misses QT, again...

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    Yea, this is the third time I've had the stir miss a couple of confirmed Q/T shots.

Divided 4 lane, pretty straight, gently rolling hills. I heard a call out on the CB about "One at your front door" so I was already on alert. I knew it was on the same road but didn't know if he was behind me or ahead because I didn't hear the direction.

He was ahead, oncoming. I got a quick Ka blast and slowed down to about 5 over PSL when He popped into view and targeted me. Still not a peep from the stir.

I'm having trouble understanding how the stir beats the V1 most of the time with Ka but misses these QT shots but It's true. I've seen it.

I didn't get the freq but it was a local small town cop. That's kinda scary itself
    It sounds like your running the V1 and the STI-R at the same time? If this is true your STI-R is being crippled by your V1. If your V1 had been off and your STI-R in 2/5/8 RDR-off it would not have missed according the testing nine_c1, CJR238 and I did on my STI-R.

Clearly the V1 interfered greatly with the 9500CI's reactivity. You can't run another RD with an M3 remote and then blame the remote when it misses a QT.

My STi-R is at home with mommy getting fixed for its poor K band performance and will be retested when I get it back.
    Ka however: STi-R > V1
    Last edited by Riptide; 06-03-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post

I ran into a few K band radar traps on my way to Savannah last weekend. And I noticed they where pretty quick on the trigger. The V1 detected all the shots and gave me really good save, but I am not used to the alerts being so short. And it was a county cop which surprised me, in Indiana the locals and county used C/O half the time. I think there may be some Q/T down here .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9YUwn8-80]YouTube - Valentine 1: First I/O Save in GA[/ame]

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Clearly the V1 interfered greatly with the 9500CI's reactivity. You can't run another RD with an M3 remote and then blame the remote when it misses a QT.
    I can. My 9500ci missed a Q/T shot yesterday while being run with a RedLine. Pure 9500ci failure! The Belscort remotes are clearly capable of failure with or without any help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    I can. My 9500ci missed a Q/T shot yesterday while being run with a RedLine. Pure 9500ci failure! The Belscort remotes are clearly capable of failure with or without any help.
    This is true, the ci isn't good with QT to begin with, but adding interference wont help ether. The only combo that most likely wont interfere is an M3 remote and a M3 window mount.

However the OP has an STi-R (not a CI or Redline) and if band seg is set correctly and RDR its better at QT than even the V1 from the testing numbers above.

Professional

...STI-R in 2/5/8 RDR-off...
    What's the impact of out of tune guns with those settings? i.e. what are the real-world chances of getting pwnt by an out of tune gun with the STi-R?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hiddencam View Post
    ...STI-R in 2/5/8 RDR-off...
    What's the impact of out of tune guns with those settings? i.e. what are the real-world chances of getting pwnt by an out of tune gun with the STi-R?
    Could be no alert at all and that's the problem. However a gun would have to be pretty messed up i believe.

Mobile Installer

if a gun is out of tune and you turn off other segments you will not get a beep out of it.ive never incounter a gun out of tune,besides once a k band speed sign only.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    The keyword there is 9500CI, not something with band seg and RDR like the OP's STi-R.....

As for out of tune guns, The Veil Guy who also runs in 2/5/8 with RDR off said he has never encountered an out of tune gun that his STI-R didn't alert to in all of his miles of driving.

So its risk assessment, which are you more likely to encounter QT or out of tune gun?

I pick QT although I figure both are rare.

Radar Fanatic

My STi-R does well with QT.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...s-ka-k-qt.html

(And that's while running with the V1 on inside the car.)

I'm not sure what's going on with yours.