Default Rx65 off axis performance!

I was traveling north on a busy Hwy and 2 to 3 seconds before cresting a hill (15 degree) I got 2 Ka bars alert on my rx65 so I slowed down and hit the trip button at .7 miles. I saw the back end of a LEO, (the front end was facing north) He had two cars pulled over; still traveling north the bars started moving down at this time. I had traveled an additional .5 miles when suddenly the bars started back up at this time I knew he was coming up behind me at .6 of a mile I had to stop at a red light and the LEO moved to the far left lane and briskly passed me (full Bars) turning left going west (90 degrees from me) after 5-10 sec I still had 5 bars. The light turned green and I took off driving north and after .1 of a mile the rx65 goes silent. I knew the road he went down and there is no turn for at least a mile and it is very woody. I’m so impressed with RX65 KA band and its off axis performance!!!
    Earlier today I was on my way into town on a small hilly straight road (45 speed zone going 57 mph) and the K band alerted with 2 bars. I slowed down to 45 mph and hit the trip button the car behind me started to ride my rear, I tried with a hand gustier (no not the finger) to alert them that a LEO was just down the road. I continued south finally I saw a LEO at 1.5 miles!! This was the best K band distance for me to date. Needless to say the person that was behind me followed me all the way into town and waved as I turn into Wal-mart.
    My first RX65 performed very poorly so I sent it back. Because of the people and what I read on this forum I knew what to expect from this unit.
    I do notice that the unit is much more sensitive in the USA (Ka band) and I always use it in the Highway setting.
    Real world numbers
    My best to date number
    KA Band 1.7 to 2.0 miles ( INTL) flat straight road
    KA Off AXIS- story above (USA) The must sensitive KA setting.
    KA 60-70 degrees curve very wooded area .8 miles (This was in INTL)
    K band 1.5 miles
    K band rear detection .8 miles
    X- Turned off
    Laser- no false, not used in my area.
    POP- Turn it off 2 weeks ago not needed in my area.
    Note* I’ve only been using the USA KA setting for two weeks but I can see the difference.

Founder of Stealthvation

When I owned the RX65 I never got to use it in USA mode but International mode was impressive. If USA is even better then wow! Laser detection did suck though
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

No lasers where I live but, if they start using them I will get a jammer (Antilaser or Drive Smart).

Good Citizen

Would you mind telling us when you purchased the unit and/or what its ID number is, so we can assess old vs. new.

FCC ID on bottom of unit.
    QL4G7M4 = Newer Version (After 1/2005 ?)
    QL4G1S7 = Older Version (Before 2/2005 ?)
    (Above per Jimbonzzz.)

FCC ID QL4G1S7
    2nd Unit 1-2 of Dec 2005
    software is 4.5 note on the back it has 4505 just right of the S/N on the back of the unit, this may be the software rev code.

I purchased the 1st one in Nov of 2005 and it was a dog the ka band range was 200-300 ft max. I was so disappointed with it I was never going worry with a RD again. I talked to some good people on this forum and decided to send it back (there was perform well). So I wrote a letter explaining all the problems, falseing on every band and I was seeing the LEO before rx65 alert. I wouldn’t hit a dog in the A$$ with it!
    2 weeks later I received the new unit thinking that it was going to be some what better but nothing like how this unit is performing. So my advice to anyone with a poor performing RD (be realistic keeping in mind hills curves and weather condition) send it back!!!!
    If you need additional info just let me know will be happy to help.

Yoda of Radar

Where did you get it from? Not EBay I am assuming.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    When I owned the RX65 I never got to use it in USA mode but International mode was impressive. If USA is even better then wow! Laser detection did suck though
    Would you rate the x50 better on laser?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Would you rate the x50 better on laser?
    oh yeah. i think everyone will agree on that .

Where did you get it from? Not EBay I am assuming.
    Here is my comment off a different thread.

My RD came from eBay and the first one sucked. The sick feeling I got thinking of all the money wasted on those clowns. Note that none of the sellers on eBay give refunds. They will replace it, but no refunds period! So if they have a bad batch all you get is a different defected RD.
    I wrote a letter to the seller telling him how poorly the RD performing in detail and if this is a refurbished and or used RD that I was going to take action with ebay because they all advertise that they are new (I didn’t think they were). Two weeks later the second one came in and it turned out to be a great detector (I was very fortunate).
    I think I scared the seller because of the return E-mails I received from him. Think about it, one very bad review costs hundreds of sells. So he bit the bullet and sent a new ( I think) one to someone who knew what to expect and sold the remaining to the uninformed. I credit men like kpatz, ES13Raven, crazyVOLVOrob, jimbonzzz for info on what to expect; thank you all.
    I would never; I mean never buy a RD off of eBay!!!!!! Buy from Radar Roy!