Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power User

Default STI Email today re its release!!

this is from one of the distribitors of Bel;

At last the new "BEL STi" is finally here!

Testing has confirmed that the Bel STi provides the longest range warning on all radar bands. Its high sensitivity is matched by its superb Autoscan filtering which ensures minimal false alerts.

The BEL STi comes fully equipped with a durable hard shell metal travel case, a separate 12volt amplified speaker, Smartplug lighter adaptor and Smartplug Hard Wire kit. The rugged magnesium construction will stand up to the toughest conditions and the intelligent brightness control will automatically adjust the display to the light conditions.

All we need to complete your pre order is your preferred payment method (direct deposit or credit card) and your delivery details. If you can provide me with this information as soon as possible as our shipment is almost sold out.

I await your reply

Geez want my money already?? Then I wrote;

If I cant be ASSURED in writing that it will be undetectable to ALL future RDD I donít want it!!! If it is 100% assured against all future RDD and I will get my money back in full if it is found to be detectable again (rumour of a spectre/stalcar 4 being developed) ill buy 3 right now!! Can you assure this?? What proof do you have??

So we will see the response...I wonder if it will be RDD proof forever??

Good Citizen

Default Re: STI Email today re its release!!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker

If I cant be ASSURED in writing that it will be undetectable to ALL future RDD I donít want it!!! If it is 100% assured against all future RDD and I will get my money back in full if it is found to be detectable again (rumour of a spectre/stalcar 4 being developed) ill buy 3 right now!! Can you assure this?? What proof do you have??

So we will see the response...I wonder if it will be RDD proof forever??
    Right on stalker. The answers to your questions are all we need.
    I must say, I'm feeling a bit more confident after reading some of Roy's information. If D.E.T.'s tests come back positive, I'm in there for one. 8)

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: STI Email today re its release!!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    this is from one of the distribitors of Bel;

At last the new "BEL STi" is finally here!

Testing has confirmed that the Bel STi provides the longest range warning on all radar bands. Its high sensitivity is matched by its superb Autoscan filtering which ensures minimal false alerts.

The BEL STi comes fully equipped with a durable hard shell metal travel case, a separate 12volt amplified speaker, Smartplug lighter adaptor and Smartplug Hard Wire kit. The rugged magnesium construction will stand up to the toughest conditions and the intelligent brightness control will automatically adjust the display to the light conditions.

All we need to complete your pre order is your preferred payment method (direct deposit or credit card) and your delivery details. If you can provide me with this information as soon as possible as our shipment is almost sold out.

I await your reply
    Looks like they didn't even mention Stalcars :shock:

Advanced Member

You'd have to be pretty confident to offer that kind of guarantee.

The danger is that somebody just may be able to pull the "rabbit out of the hat" solution that you didnt anticipate with a future technology. If I was an owner of Bel I wouldnt go near that claim with a 10 foot pole.

My guess is these things are flying off the shelf with just the current performance guarantee. Although I find it curious that just one owner has showed up on the forum

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf
    You'd have to be pretty confident to offer that kind of guarantee.Although I find it curious that just one owner has showed up on the forum
    Most of us forumers are waiting for Roy to get some in stock, and also some testing.

Power User

yeah but spanky, they have already made this claim on their website...so they are already in hot water if it doesnt come thru I just wanted to hear it from his own mouth...well on paper anyway...

Advanced Member

The first casualty of being associated with Beltronics is the ability to tell the truth.
    Can't wait to hear the BS they feed, that's assuming they answer at all.
    They'll probably just not answer you.

Power User

Here is the reply I got;

The BEL STi is undetectable to all current RDD's and will remain undetectable to any future RDD's that look for units leaking RF.
    If I could only look into a crystal ball and see if there was any new RDD's to combat our new design then I would gladly give you a 100% assurance, but nobody can ever say that a radar detector will be undetectable for the rest of time... that is a question that is impossible to answer.
    I can say in writing today, that the BEL STi is undetectable to all current RDD's and will remain undetectable to any future RDD's that search for leaking RF signals. If the rumoured spectre/stalcar 4 detects radar detectors by means of locating leaked RF signals, then the BEL STi will be undetectable to this RDD as well. If you can be satisfied with this type of realistic assurance then I can fill your demand of 3 units today.
    We have had the BEL STi lab tested here in our factory to see if it leaks RF signals (to see if it would be detectable to the current spectre/stalcar III). We also tested it against a Valentine1. The lab reports show that the BEL STi would not be seen by the spectre/stalcar III as it doesn't leak RF and the Valentine1 not only is detectable, but doesn't seem to fall inside all FCC guidelines!

I have now given you the best assurance anyone can realistically offer, and delivered the proof that this unit is undetectable, all we need now is to arrange an order from you and we can get the ball rolling for you.

I await your reply

WOW crystal ball, I bet they didnt look in that when they told us we could update the RX65

Time will tell

Founder of Stealthvation

I think that it is a fair answer. It would be like you asking your boss at work "can you guarantee me lifetime employement"?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Yup that's an honest reply in my book. Like I posted earlier there will always be rumours about the "rabbit" solution.

You can take your chances with your current RD or you can take your chances with the STI and a possible Spectre 4.

If you cant stomach Bel from past experience then dont buy.

For me I'm tired of looking over my shoulder and since I ride (at high speed) alot of Ont roads its just a matter of time before my luck runs out.