Thread: Bel Pro RX-55

Default Bel Pro RX-55

I bought this detector and since i've had it i've gotten a lot of false alerts. has anyone else had this trouble? A lot of X false alarms.

Advanced Member

You'll get that with any detector in the city, where there are a lot of X-band motion sensors around...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    You'll get that with any detector in the city, where there are a lot of X-band motion sensors around...

Jim
    The performance of the Bel Pro RX-55 is very very poor!!! It doesn't alert me until i am right on top of the Cops. I usually see them before it goes off or very shortly afterwards,(on straight highways to). It doesn't matter if its Ka,K. or Pop. Is the Bel Pro 55 not as good as the Whistler Pro 73?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan_1959
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

Jim
    The performance of the Bel Pro RX-55 is very very poor!!! It doesn't alert me until i am right on top of the Cops. I usually see them before it goes off or very shortly afterwards,(on straight highways to). It doesn't matter if its Ka,K. or Pop. Is the Bel Pro 55 not as good as the Whistler Pro 73?
    Your detector probably is working correctly. It sounds like the cops are using "instant on" radar very cautiously and only after establishing a visual tracking history. In very light traffic conditions with a cop who is very stingy with the trigger, no detector can save you as there is nothing to detect. Eyes like a hawk and paying attention work well for this especially during the day. If you want to test X or K band then find some automatic door-openers and start experimenting.