Banned

Default Vector 985? AccuSweep1,2,or none???

I am not sure what the difference is on my 985 between the Accusweep 1 or 2 and I would like to think I couls turn the Accusweep off all together, is this possible???

Also I do need to know what the difference between the Accusweep 1 and 2???

Anyone, Jim, happyA$$????

Advanced Member

Default Re: Vector 985? AccuSweep1,2,or none???

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05
    I am not sure what the difference is on my 985 between the Accusweep 1 or 2 and I would like to think I couls turn the Accusweep off all together, is this possible???

I didn't even know about a "1" and "2", I thought it was only ON or OFF. So, I don't know.

Jim

Yoda of Radar

AFAIK there is only "Ka SWide" (everything) and "Accusweep" (4 freqs).

At least that is what I see on the 985 User's Manual.

Speed Demon

From the manual :roll:

AccuSweep™ ON or OFF

Feature 4 – AccuSweep™
    AccuSweep™ provides you the option of scanning just
    a segment of the Super Wideband Ka bandwidth.
    AccuSweep™ accurately pinpoints the most prevalent
    North American Ka radar frequencies in use, without
    annoying harmonic falsing. Ideal for fast, accurate
    Ka band detection.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Vector 985? AccuSweep1,2,or none???

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05

With my 985, the choice is either Accusweep on or off. If you turn Accusweep off, be sure and turn Superwide Ka on! Otherwise you will have zero Ka band detection. If you have both features turned off the display will flash a warning "no Ka on" and there will be no audio warning of that IIRC. Since you are in the US you are safe using Accusweep. It will cut down on the Ka falsing and may give a faster response.

I'm sending my 3.825 in for the firmware upgrade based on all the positive feedback. I want the increased K band sensitivity although it is very good now. So I will get some time in testing my 985 backup. I'm sure it will do very well.

GTO_04

Power User

I have a 985 as well, and would like to reiterate what everyone else has said. You seem to be complicating the programing, there is no #1 or #2.

The programing runs like this...

You are first asked about Ka Superwide ON or OFF, if you leave the check mark which mean ON, then that is it, Ka Superwide is the setting, all of Ka.

If you program Ka Superwide OFF, by removing the check mark, you will be prompted by a second question, Accusweep ON or OFF, default ON, logical thinking if Ka wide is off it is assuming you just want Ka narrow, just the big three freq 33.8 34.7 and 35.5. If however for some strange reason select Accusweep OFF (that also mean the previous Ka wide is also OFF) then if will ask for confirmation that you will have no Ka protection.

With Ka Superwide ON you can not access Accusweep setting, because Ka Superwide is selected, can not do both. Accusweep is already OFF. The only way you can have Accusweep ON is if you turn Ka Superwide OFF first, then choose if you want Accusweep (Ka narrow) ON or OFF, again selecting OFF then means Ka totaly OFF.

Now the difference between Superwide and Accusweep beside what I said above (Accusweep aka USA mode on newer models aka what is refered to Ka narrow) Ka narrow just searched the only three gun frequencies in the United States 33.8 34.7 and 35.5. The time taken to scan the entire superwide although small to us, is huge to the RD, by just searching the 3 frequencies, it improves detection, and thus range/distance. We are talking about seconds of reaction time, even a small increase is a good thing.

Speed Demon

Do you know if the radar receiver is Superheterodyne, GaAs FET VCO(RX65) or Superheterodyne VTO(X50)? Seems as though it has alot in common with the RX65 insofar as narrow Ka detecton.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by vw242
    Do you know if the radar receiver is Superheterodyne, GaAs FET VCO(RX65) or Superheterodyne VTO(X50)? Seems as though it has alot in common with the RX65 insofar as narrow Ka detecton.
    I think someone said they are basically the same thing, just fancy ways to say the same thing.