Just wanted to say again thank you to everyone that provided feedback and knowledge for me for my purchase.
I ended up getting a V955. It was only a few dollars more (less than $10) than the V940 from where I bought it, so I figured for that it was worth it for AutoScan and CityNoX. So just want to give a short breakdown of what I think so far (will have more to come):
1. The range on this thing is awesome, I just love it.
2. The display is really bright and clear.
3. Warnings are nice and loud even with the music going.
4. Went through the programming and it was really easy.
5. The build quality is excellent, you can just feel it.
1. Wow, I can see what you guys mean by ramp up sucks on the M4s, it really does but just have to get used to it I guess.
2. Not a big fan of the volume adjust on these beltronics units, but I can get used to it.
3. Would have really preferred a female voice to a male (I'm just going to leave it off probably).
The 955 has TSR!?!?!? This was interesting, I was going through the programming and it has this feature. So I turned it on. I guess the manual on Beltronics' web site is not up to date (2006 on the manual online while my hard copy is 2010). Does this mean all they're new units withe M4 antenna (including the lower 940) have this feature? So this was a pleasant surprise since I really wanted that feature and now I got it. They should update their online manuals for the 955 and 940 then [Belscort, hope you guys see this ]
Couple of questions:
1. Is there really a point to AutoScan vs. City (I'm keeping it on CityLoX for now but might just put it on CityNoX)?
2. Does anyone even use this Safety Warning System (SWS) feature? Idk why companies put in this feature? Just wondering if anyone has actually encountered on of those.
Well as I get more driving in, I will post more findings. Again, thanks everyone.