Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Sti not that great???

STi not that great...

I just read the review on the GOL site and the STi did not do well at all...Interesting????

Experienced
    Somewhere that the POLICE don't like evasion tactics!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm starting to wonder about my purchase of the Sti now, been waiting two months and still haven't got it and the results posted are not that favourable :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I hope that Valentine can come up with a stealth version, if he does I can honestly say that he will make a HUGE amount of money.

I would buy one a the drop of a hat, actually, NO, I would buy TWO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yoda of Radar

Well it does seem that the STI's results were not "#1" but if you look at the numbers it's only a matter of feet. The production variance differences between Roy's and csteph's were more than the difference from the "#1" to the STI...

But it doesn't seem a "quantum leap" more of a "yeah it's pretty much as good".

But hey Spectre proof that's worth it.

Power User

Yeah.

But with another GOL test in 6 months, it will be interesting to see if the numbers will hold. Bel said there will be newer software revisions, will be great to see what comes about with that.

Radar Fanatic

This just makes me wonder once again if it's physically possible to get much more range out of these things. When you are limited to an antenna the size of a deck of cards there must be a limit. Maybe we have hit a plateau?

Experienced
    Somewhere that the POLICE don't like evasion tactics!!!!!

I wonder if the software upgrade/revision that is currently being implemented on the shipment we are waiting on forom Roy will improve or hinder the STi's performance. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I know that if I didn't live in a Spectre zone I would probably buy the V1, the performance I believe is better although the V1 is quite an UNATTRACTIVE looking unit :!: :!: :!: :!:

Power User

So it is confirmed the STi does not have Ka wide/narrow option?!

Lead Foot

It looks pretty good compared to the x50's on a lot of those though... and damn those RX65 results, now I wish I ordered one of those instead of the blue x50 currently still in UPS's hands. Oh well, still excited, and glad to finally see the results.

Radar Fanatic

It depends on what radar is being used in your area. The STi did very well on the upper part of Ka band and pretty good in the rest of Ka band.
    It didn't do so great on K band, but probably good enough.

If you need stealth and Ka band is used heavily in your area, the STi seems to be the best choice to me. The radar performance is good enough that if you need stealth the STi should do the job.

I'm a V1 fanatic, but the STi looks pretty good to me.

The RX-65 units did a very good job too. I was surprised by the difference between the RX-65s and the X50/8500 units.

GTO_04

Good Citizen

It depends on what radar is being used in your area. The STi did very well on the upper part of Ka band and pretty good in the rest of Ka band.
    It didn't do so great on K band, but probably good enough.
    I agree the STI can definetly run with the big boys. I'm sure with the newest firmware it will be even better. Let's hope the stealth holds up, but after seeing these tests I'm a believer.