Newcomer

Default V995 Signal Meter

Obviously the higher the meter the stronger the signal and closer the cop is... But does each bar designate a certain distance?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: V995 Signal Meter

Quote Originally Posted by phillyflyers50
    Obviously the higher the meter the stronger the signal and closer the cop is... But does each bar designate a certain distance?
    I wish it did my friend, but it's not that easy.....too may variables.....band of gun used, traffic, etc etc

Power User

Default Re: V995 Signal Meter

Quote Originally Posted by phillyflyers50
    Obviously the higher the meter the stronger the signal and closer the RADAR SOURCE is... But does each bar designate a certain distance?

No it is just a meter of how strong the signal is. When the meter is all the way it usually means you are close to the radar source.

Newcomer

ok thanks

Yoda of Radar

Also: (I believe Jim stated this): That each detector is different, and that (like Jamal said), it is a measure of how strong the signal is rather then the distance from the unit.

Because (what I took from what Jim said) a company could (in theory) just make the 'display' to 'ramp up' extremely quick, since its not about distance persay, but rather a signal... but they dont do this because it wouldnt act as much of a 'geiger counter'.

So just because one RD detects a signal and displays something at 1/2 strength and one detector detects a signal at the same point at a 1/4 strength, it doesnt gaurentee the 1/2strength one is more sensative because its showing a 'stronger' signal, it just means its signal display is made to 'ramp up' quicker.

Note: I am not trying to put words in Jims mouth, but I believe he posted about this issue once and this is what I took from what he said... I may be incorrect in my assumptions though.