Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STIR+ vs STIR

Mobile Installer

Default Re: STIR+ vs STIR

a very long time.im getting rid of my v1's.my 3.826,my 1.7 and if i can find my other one in my room. there looking for new owner's.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Manufacturer

For those interested, I have performed an extensive examination of both detectors on a multi-state 2000+ mile trip. I'll have a write up coming along with a bunch of video documentation as well.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Be aware that the manufacturing variance is not negligible. We did a comparison test with 3 different STI-R (different age), in the same mounting position (clear view of the road) against a stationary radar source (34,3 GHz, empty road) and we were surprised about the difference in sensitivity.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by nano View Post
    Be aware that the manufacturing variance is not negligible. We did a comparison test with 3 different STI-R (different age), in the same mounting position (clear view of the road) against a stationary radar source (34,3 GHz, empty road) and we were surprised about the difference in sensitivity.
    What did you observe? Over what periods of age were the three units?
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringz4life View Post

Seriously...V1...i don't know if any of you had the pleasure of seeing the most recent southpark... But, v1 could you please give me a courtesy spit b4 you f#@* me in the ...

how long have you had the V1 for rob?
    LMAO! That was from the humancentiPad episode!

Founder of Stealthvation

I too have seen major manufacturing among Belscort units, in fact more so than any other manufacturer. The models I have tested and found significant differences have been: 3 RX65's, 2 8500's, 3 8500 X50's, 2 STI R's, 2 9500CI's, 3 Redlines, 3 9500i's, 2 9500IX's.
    Last edited by happya$$; 05-03-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    What did you observe? Over what periods of age were the three units?
    Regarding the age: The oldest was about 3 years, the other two about 1,5 years old (one of the two had a LNA replacement including new calibration, software update,.. a few weeks before the test).

We set up a radar emitter at a lonely road without any traffic and made a few runs. I don't know the exact results any more, but from what I can remember the latest model had twice the range of the oldest one. The second STI-R was in between.

When we did some testing to find the optimum position against photo radar, we also discovered that two STI-R behaves completely different on the same position. For example we placed two new STI-R on the same position and discovered a difference in range of 50-70m (at a total range of 300m).