Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default Veil Guy's STiR+ long multi state road-trip

Guys,

Pleased to report that I finally got my vehicle back after a major engine job was completed. I can now put some serious miles on the new STiR+ and the two other remotes (that have been repositioned to clear line of sight positions, even though the car had to be butchered to do this). We'll finally see the impact of such a re-arrangement...and I hope it turns out to be worth it the damage incurred to the 5 to accomplish this.

Still, the remotes are quite low and they're definitely not going inside the vehicle. I'll use a Redline for extreme high mounting, given the positive results I have had doing this.

I'll get video as I can. My route is to include PA, OH, WV, KY, and possibly to TN, NC and SC. Should be more than enough to allow me to follow up with my planned deep-dive review of the STiR+.
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 04-22-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: sp
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Veil Guy's STiR+ long multi state road-trip

You are nuts LMAO
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    You are nuts LMAO
    It was either fly or drive. I chose the later, of course.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Founder of Stealthvation

I am anxious as well to see the difference on your 9500CI. Make sure you pay a visit to Northwood Village. They miss you with their KA and Chargers
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
    I look forward to the results drive safe.
    Me too. I have moved all of the radar receiver heads out and in complete line-of-sight to the front on my vehicle. It does look ugly and conspicuous, though. From an aesthetic and stealth installation stand-point, it's a big step backwards. But, I can finally see what impact these varied mounting locations will have with my particular vehicle. Once I get the data, I believe, the 9500ci and the original STiR will be going back to their [preferred] locations...

Radar Fanatic

Cool, can't wait until the reviews.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    I am anxious as well to see the difference on your 9500CI. Make sure you pay a visit to Northwood Village. They miss you with their KA and Chargers
    Wouldn't be the same without my former trusted co-pilot.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by spartcus View Post
    Cool, can't wait until the reviews.
    Thanks, I hope I don't rack up too many points on this one!

Professional

Excellent move VG. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and watch the videos.