Good Citizen

Default STI-R Plus installed, but........ nothing

Well, I'm guess there's nothing. I picked up my vehicle today, put in my STI Driver to test with. I've seen x band (local grocery store) and k band (Not a LEO, always pick it up). I actually drove around trying to find Ka, but none. Both set on Highway, RDR off, TSR off, default ka. The antenna was mounted where the left tow hook was at. I assuming that the STIR doesn't do a better job on false signals??

The shop carries and installs the 9500ci. But, they don't have a clue about where not to install the antenna. They wanted to stick it behind the chrome grill so bad. I tried to find the interface module, to see if everything is plugged in correctly. Of course, they put up in the dash, where I can't get to it easily and didn't plug in the USB for updates. If amazes me how many people buy/install these things and don't have a friggin' clue about them. All it takes is about 15 minutes of research......

Good Citizen

Default Re: STI-R Plus installed, but........ nothing

Quote Originally Posted by gotwake View Post
    Well, I'm guess there's nothing. I picked up my vehicle today, put in my STI Driver to test with. I've seen x band (local grocery store) and k band (Not a LEO, always pick it up). I actually drove around trying to find Ka, but none. Both set on Highway, RDR off, TSR off, default ka. The antenna was mounted where the left tow hook was at. I assuming that the STIR doesn't do a better job on false signals??

The shop carries and installs the 9500ci. But, they don't have a clue about where not to install the antenna. They wanted to stick it behind the chrome grill so bad. I tried to find the interface module, to see if everything is plugged in correctly. Of course, they put up in the dash, where I can't get to it easily and didn't plug in the USB for updates. If amazes me how many people buy/install these things and don't have a friggin' clue about them. All it takes is about 15 minutes of research......
    Ouch sorry to hear that things aren't going very well with your install. I would get the the interface to verify everything is connected corrected, even with them coming color coded. When you start the unit does it go through the start up fine?
    ZR4's connected?
    Anything clocking the antenna? Pictures?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stilldrivin View Post

Ouch sorry to hear that things aren't going very well with your install. I would get the the interface to verify everything is connected corrected, even with them coming color coded. When you start the unit does it go through the start up fine?
    ZR4's connected?
    Anything clocking the antenna? Pictures?
    Yeah, it runs through startup fine. GPS works, fast lock and it displays the speed. If I wasn't running my STI, I would never know anything was wrong...... well, until I got a nice ticket. I'm really hoping that they just plugged into the wrong port. But, I'm betting the antenna is dead. I got the radar mirror and I think the installer tugged on the cord and dislodged the display, I noticed that it has moved a lot today. Scott did a great job, I hate having to send it back to him to fix. I didn't get the ZR4s. If I add jammers, it will be LI. I take it in tomorrow. I don't have any pictures, but there's nothing but air in front of the antenna.

I'm starting to wish I had done it myself. I never could locate any info on taking out the dash, so I figured I would probably screw up something.

Power User

Was this an authorized dealer?

Also go into the menu and see if smart mute (sp) is on to see if you are driving say 10mph it will not alert. I can not believe they did not consult with you to see where you wanted the usb connector installed, this does not sound like a top notch shop to me.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Was this an authorized dealer?

Also go into the menu and see if smart mute (sp) is on to see if you are driving say 10mph it will not alert. I can not believe they did not consult with you to see where you wanted the usb connector installed, this does not sound like a top notch shop to me.
    I checked everything in the menu. I switched the bands off and then back on just for the heck of it. Checked the mute. Set it as sensitive as possible. I even rode beside this guy with his leaky Cobra and not a peep while my STI Driver sang away.

They are an authorized dealer. I jumped the gun on my usb connector comment. The guy that did the install left for the beach and I didn't get to talk to him. Today, when we were checking everything, he showed me the usb location. Everything was connected correctly and there wasn't an obvious issue. I guess it just has a bad sensor in the antenna. I'm sending it back to Bel tomorrow.