Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default IS it just me, not overlly impressed with rx 65

I owned previowsly the cobra 9700, while owning it I got hit once with laser and issued a ticket. At any rate I bought the rx65 because of all the praises and the "better" filtration of false alerts. I have a new detector with the latest 2.9 firmware, higway X ON, K ON, Ka USA, POP ON, Laser ON.

Anywho I am getting more false alerts than I did with the cobra, am I missing something here? Yesterday I went for a drive with both units on, the cops where out and I noticed at on everr instance the rx65 detected a signal 5 secconds before the cobra did and I am happy about that but the false alerts are driving me nuts.

Any suggestions?

Yoda of Radar

I can see more falses, but the sensitivity should be making you extremely happy

Power User

turn off the POP and use autoscan or city mode to limit X

Radar Fanatic

Firstly, don't run two detectors in the same car. It will negatively effect the warning range, especially from the Bel. It will also generate more false alerts.

You could try changing the Bel to City LoX mode, that will nearly eliminate X band falses.

Should I just turn x off? I live in florida and for most part been hit with laser and k.

Thanks

Professional

if it were me, i'd be very happy to be picking up signals 5 seconds before your old detector. it really shows how much more sensitive the rx-65 is comparted to the cobra.

you get more falses because your detector is actually picking up the automatic doors and security systems. when running a cobra next to any detector, it is known to create a lot of false alerts on the better detector. if i were you, i'd take out the cobra and i'd turn the rx65 on automute, so that when you get an alert, its not loud for an extended period of time and city lox in order to reduce the number of anoying x band falses when your in the city. when you get out on the highway, i'd reccomend using highway mode then

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Firstly, don't run two detectors in the same car. It will negatively effect the warning range, especially from the Bel. It will also generate more false alerts.

You could try changing the Bel to City LoX mode, that will nearly eliminate X band falses.
    x2, Don't run two detectors at once, especially one of High Quality(RX65) and one of low quality(Cobra), it will ruin the range on the HQ unit. Running two low quality units together doesnt seem to bother each other as much... probably because they are as advanced/sensitive to outside factors.

I bet if you had the Cobra off... the RX65 would have gave you an extra 5-10seconds ontop of that extra 5 it had already got you.

Also use the aforementioned city mode it will decrease Xband sensitivty and should cut down on falses.

I only ran the two yesterday as test. I took a route that I frequently travel. If I place on city mode will it hinder the range of the detector?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by RedempTion
    I only ran the two yesterday as test. I took a route that I frequently travel. If I place on city mode will it hinder the range of the detector?
    Oh yeah no question. But on the highway, turn it on highway

Yoda of Radar

Oh another thing, when running both the detectors together (both on at the same time on the same windsheild), the RX65 may just false out of no-where on the Cobra, so that could also be a factor of some of yours falses.