Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STIR+ vs New V1

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: STIR+ vs New V1

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticRadar View Post
    Ive been observing over the last couple of weeks the latest new v1. I installed it right next to my window mounted STIR+. I watched some of the videos that have been posted showing the STIR+ vs "new"V1. You have a remote rd installed outside in between a grill at a much lower elevation. Then you have a window mount rd at a high elevation. This is not an apples to apples comparison by any means. So I did a fair comparison of both rd's at the same elevation and mounted them at the same location (shown in pic). Its amazing how the results are totally opposite when toe to toe. Even with the known interference factor coming from the V1. In almost all if not all all ka encounters observed. The STIR+ performed so much better the new v1. And in one case the v1 was so tardy in alerting ka 34.7 that it could have resulted in a ticket. When observing the off axis the M3 platform vs the new v1. The STIr+ was in a class all of its own. Though we dont really have k band in my area. Just lots of k band speed signs. I did some k band tests and some cases the rds's where equal with head of shots. In some other tests the STIr+ alerted a few seconds before the V1. But one thing that i did notice was how squawky the v1 alerted on falses. Which is another plus for the STIR+ in my book. But the arrows are nice but not enough to sacrifice the superior performance of the m3 platform.
    You are bashing these other people that have done testing on these two RD's. So how can we trust what you are telling us is true? Do you have any Video of this proof? The New Version of the V1 was not made to duel with the Plus it was made to compete and beat the Redline.

Radar Fanatic

When you say the new V1 are you talking about the 3.892?

Radar Fanatic

So you take a $1200 bumper mount and put it on the windshield, then slice up Ka band where it miss out of tune guns(many videos from owners here) and say it's slow compared to the V1? So what are you going to with the V1?

Normsky we all know your an ardent V1 Fanboy. So i can understand why you find my post very disturbing as well as some of the others v1'rs. Anyways my testing as shown was very transparent and passes the test as being fair and equal (see earlier posts). Unlike the "other videos". The STIR+ reacted (quicker) then the v1 on every ka encounter period. The STIR+ that i have in the photo is perhaps the only STIR+ on this board that has actually been tested in a RF chamber on x,k,ka band. So I can verify that my unit is working properly at 100 percent. I just want to deal in facts and my own observations with the STIR+. May i add there is possibly nobody in north america that as an end user who has more time with the STIR+ then myself. And when the STIR+ is mounted high up in the window it performs other worldly. Reacting faster in the ka band, better in off axis detection, better long distance detection, better in filtering falses so in other words. It currently is the title holder as the best commercially available rd (v1-3.892,redline,9500ci etc) to date.

Since you asked its been sent back.
    Last edited by ExoticRadar; 10-14-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spartcus View Post
    When you say the new V1 are you talking about the 3.892?

Yes

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    So you take a $1200 bumper mount and put it on the windshield, then slice up Ka band where it miss out of tune guns(many videos from owners here) and say it's slow compared to the V1? So what are you going to with the V1?
    Lol

Radar Fanatic

So hilarious to see Belscort fanboys pump their chest to anecdotal evidence and say it's the best, but never bested. But when they say they have the best we have yet to see any STiR + or the couple of year old Redline againist the stopwatch or distance.

V1 = metronome of RD industry.

Newcomer

I agree that the STI-r+ is a better detector, I just don't think that you are comparing apples to apples.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by backlash726 View Post
    I agree that the STI-r+ is a better detector, I just don't think that you are comparing apples to apples.

OH Yeah ! Or like comparing a radar detector to another radar detector !

Newcomer

I was a little concerned about the stir+ perfromance after watching sOme of the YouTube videos showing the new v1 outperforming the stir+. I use v1's now but was heading into the stir+ world. But have stopped for the moment because of the videos. Which is the better performer for ka band?????
    Last edited by V70r; 10-14-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Didn't finish