Default Optimal location for Beltronics ST

So my new Beltronics Sti plus comes tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! I am wondering about finding the ultimate location for the mounting of the module. I will be running a LI quad so laser detection is not an issue for me. I have heard that the higher you mount the radar receiver the better the performance. I am wondering if anybody can confirm this for me. Also I would like to point out that the module will be siting on a roof rack (if i were to do this) that is slightly BEHIND the MIDPOINT of the car (toyota Tacoma with a topper on the bed) I was wondering if there are any drawbacks to this. I have enclosed some pics to help you get an idea of the location.
    is higher better (when you don't care about laser)
    does the slightly to the rear location negative effect the performance (will it still be better than behind grill in front?)

Yoda of Radar
    Los Angeles Area

Default Re: Optimal location for Beltronics ST

Higher is definitely better. Your antenna will perform ridiculously well up there. The only reason I wouldn't do that is because I like to run my V1 and STi-R Plus together and having them that close to each other might cause them to interfere with each other. But, if you plan on running the STi-R Plus by itself, than you will be most impressed by mounting your antenna up there.

Speed Demon
    Central TN

Default Re: Optimal location for Beltronics ST

I have my STi-R+'s antenna mounted on top of the headache rack on my truck, so it's 2"-3" above the roofline of the cab. I've got some pics on an old thread in the Show off your install forum.