Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default Sti and Laser Atlanta Stealth : Alert ?

I know that the stealth mode is not common , nevertheless since I own a Sti I would like to know if the Sti alerts to this mode .

Perhaps Roy know about ...

Thanks.

Professional

Jim = the fastest shooter in town

I then ask Beltronics : how come , Sti should do it = it is the latest .

I am not very happy of this unperformance... :shock:

Longsnowsm

I was also rather surprised to read that it didn't recognize the LA Stealth mode. Makes no sense since this is an obvious and known threat and the STi is a the latest and greatest... Not sure what Bel was thinking there.

Longsnowsm

Professional

I will call Bel and ask them if we are entitled to a free upgrade on this matter . At least this should be corrected for the future buyers .

Who was sleeping at Bel ? Ah.... those Canadians ....or frozen ?

Longsnowsm

I am wondering if it is a software issue that can be corrected or if it is a limitation of the hardware. Let us know what you find out. It would be great to get LA Stealth support.

Longsnowsm

Good Citizen

jim, if I can remember, doesnt the LA stealth mode emit below the required amount of pulses required by a jammer to activate, rendering it unable to jam completely, if at all? From the looks of veil guys test , the V1 is fast enough to catch the pulses that the others missed?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lidar2
    jim, if I can remember, doesnt the LA stealth mode emit below the required amount of pulses required by a jammer to activate, rendering it unable to jam completely, if at all? From the looks of veil guys test , the V1 is fast enough to catch the pulses that the others missed?
    Reportedly, Stealth Mode takes advantage of a filtering algorithm present in many radar detector and laser jammers. To prevent false alerts, many detectors and jammers would not alert if they detected only two pulses of laser, but instead required three or more pulses for the alert to be considered "valid". Stealth Mode works by sending out two pulses of laser, after which it then pauses long enough to fool the filtering algorithms, before sending another two pulses. Operating in this manner, it was able to defeat detection by many radar detectors and laser jammers.

Good Citizen

ok, so if detectors were to lower their threshold for lidar pulse validity, albeit it would be useless still if you were the dead on target, would it do any difference ? Im surprised that V1 sense every gun with little difficulty, i guess mike v knew how the LA stealth mode worked.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lidar2
    ok, so if detectors were to lower their threshold for lidar pulse validity, albeit it would be useless still if you were the dead on target, would it do any difference ? Im surprised that V1 sense every gun with little difficulty, i guess mike v knew how the LA stealth mode worked.
    Yeah, they could alert to LA stealth if they wanted to. But really, most of them have a lot of work to do with detecting regular laser guns before they go there.

I don't think that VR designed specifically for LA Stealth, I believe it was just able to detect it because of the way it is designed. I think everyone could agree that V1 laser detection is a very different beast altogether.

Jim