Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Upgrade from RX 65-pro to Bel 300

I have an 5 years old Bel 65- pro [M4] and I wounder if I could upgrade it to Bel 300?
    If it's even worth it?
    What is the cost of an possible upgrade.

Experienced

Default Re: Upgrade from RX 65-pro to Bel 300

Quote Originally Posted by polak View Post
    I have an 5 years old Bel 65- pro [M4] and I wounder if I could upgrade it to Bel 300?
    If it's even worth it?
    What is the cost of an possible upgrade.
    yes definatly. the pro300 way outperms the rx65 version 6.5.Period. the pro300 detector hasnt missed one instant on/quick trigger 2-35.5 ka guns they pull fast and it picks it up for miles.great rampup and superb off axis ka and k band coverage thanx to the new lens. very nice and i mean great off axis, very better long range/early alerts. much faster response to threats vs rx65 and well worth the extra coin. hands down.

Newcomer

I did talk to the Belscort's rep the other day and he said it the performance gain is very small between Bel 300 and Bel 65-pro.
    He said it they not doing it at this time ,so I'm going to procrastinate for a while longer.

Experienced

i hear you. beltronics while still under my 30 day drive free trial with the rx65, the pro300 came out and bel told me its the same unit.
    however....if you do what i did and order the pro300, drive it 30 days with nothing to lose, i guarantee you will noticeably see the pro300 as being an obvious clear cut winner over the rx65. not saying the rx65 is not a great unit...it is. i am telling you my pro300 without the sws, ku band support, new bubble lens made all the difference in the pro300 being now able to pick up off axis speedtraps along with lightning fast instanst on ka shots that make me feel like the old s7 antenna my 995v has on it being so fast on i/o shots.
    i understand bel told you these things as they did me but drive one and test it for a month and i guarentee youll see what i did that being the pro300 simply outperforms the rx65 in everyway. including k band(huge difference in range and sensitivity over rx65) and the ka band is crazy good also. especially off axis instant on fhp traps. saved me everytime never missed a beat.
    maybe the -3db gain bel claims made all these differences...me personally..i think besides the new lens and the no ku support and no sws to me made this detector have to think less and is now lightning fast compared to rx65. testing will prove me on this and i understand bel is saying these things but lets wait and see some testing results as i think alot of people will be surprised in just how much better the pro300 is over the rx65.

Newcomer

Thanks for your reply.
    I been using my Bel 65-pro since 2007, and it gave me {still do} faithful service ever since I bough it.
    If I"m going to drop it $300 for the upgrade I would like to know what are the real life improvements in performance.
    I would really like to see better of axis detection in the new Bel-300 versus "old" Bel 65-pro, the M4 platform.
    Don't really care for the QT's since they not being use where I live although performance similar to the S7 platform would be useful
    If I drive out of state where I live.
    Until those two are going to be tested against each other by other forum members it is hard to justify after years of great service by Bel65-pro the expense for the new detector.

Experienced

thats how i felt in your shoes owning the 995, then the rx65 and those detectors worked so well...until i ordered the pro300. night and day. try one for 30 days free and i guarantee you will wish you got it sooner. twice the k band range over the rx65. tested this out many times. off axis is excellent...ka band is excellent. q/t and instant on shots are excellent.
    i was hesitant at first too, but now that i have the pro300, never will think twice about it again. truly is amazing unit. order from bel they let you drive it 30 days free so test away and see for yourself.

Newcomer

Thank you very much guys for you input.
    I'm probably going to test drive it the Bel-300 in beginning of December for 30 days.
    I'm very curious is is going to compare it versus my 5 years old Bel 65-pro.

Experienced

np. just the other day off axis k band speed sign i picked up facing north and the sign was west(2.2 miles to the left) and it picked it up and never lost the signal. great offaxis displayed. i will try to go and get a video. the rx65 i had maybe got 1 mile range k band maybe...straight on not off axis. thats was a 6.5 firm 2012 rx65(new right before the pro300 came out)

The RX65 is being sold for $115 new right now. I did a google search asking differences between the rx65 and the pro 300. This goodtimes40 was in threads around when the pro 300 came out and made threads about how much better his pro 300 was than his month old rx65.

I've had both units and they perform pretty much the same. No noticeable difference to me. I'm wondering if this was a Beltronics shill/employee trying to raise the sales of the pro 300! I think they may have bit better off axis detection because of the big bubble lens, but that's it.

They are both kinda old and outdated if you ask me