Default Got my first STi Driver RD - Might have a problem?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so please be easy! I've just got myself a Bel STi Driver which I got from a Pawn Shop over here in Aus.
    Now since stealth was the number one priority with most driving being in NSW and from all the information gathered here I found this was my best option.

Went ahead and plugged it all in and seems to work.. to a degree.
    I could be having - Would you call it bad luck or good luck? But each time I pass a HWP the STi stays as quiet as a mouse, no sound or chirping. I thought hey, the LEO must have their radar turned off but I've passed another two since then and am starting to think Hmmm maybe the detector has a problem? I could be entirely wrong though..

For the first couple of weeks I had just K and KA band enabled with the rest off but just to give it some more testing I enabled X and POP as well (Even though I hear their not so often used!)
    I've done a trip from the country into Sydney and back (over 4-5hours each way mostly highway driving) and have only had K Band go off (Automatic doors and for some reason it went crazy at one average speed camera on the trip.. But only once I was right underneath the dam thing) & X Band (Automatic Doors as well). I heard HWP here use KA Band radar on their cars but its never gone off and from what I've read its unlikely they use that "HOLD" thingy on it often.

Any advice guys?

Also my STi Is the Driver model so It seems to be fairly old and somewhat out of date in terms of features... I have no idea what my options would be with updating it either since I'm in Australia and with the little communication I had with Neltronics (Beltronics Distributor in Aus) they didn't seem to care too much about my concerns.

Thanks.

Newcomer

Default Re: Got my first STi Driver RD - Might have a problem?

The STI Driver is a great RD. It saved my bacon yesterday with a local PD out collecting tax's on my local Highway. I live in the state of Ohio, USA. This states Highway Patrol still uses X-band on its new patrol cars. To bad your are so far away. I have lots of radar guns to test with. Maybe you can find someone close with a Ka band source. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by mrminute View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum so please be easy! I've just got myself a Bel STi Driver which I got from a Pawn Shop over here in Aus.
    Now since stealth was the number one priority with most driving being in NSW and from all the information gathered here I found this was my best option.

Went ahead and plugged it all in and seems to work.. to a degree.
    I could be having - Would you call it bad luck or good luck? But each time I pass a HWP the STi stays as quiet as a mouse, no sound or chirping. I thought hey, the LEO must have their radar turned off but I've passed another two since then and am starting to think Hmmm maybe the detector has a problem? I could be entirely wrong though..

For the first couple of weeks I had just K and KA band enabled with the rest off but just to give it some more testing I enabled X and POP as well (Even though I hear their not so often used!)
    I've done a trip from the country into Sydney and back (over 4-5hours each way mostly highway driving) and have only had K Band go off (Automatic doors and for some reason it went crazy at one average speed camera on the trip.. But only once I was right underneath the dam thing) & X Band (Automatic Doors as well). I heard HWP here use KA Band radar on their cars but its never gone off and from what I've read its unlikely they use that "HOLD" thingy on it often.

Any advice guys?

Also my STi Is the Driver model so It seems to be fairly old and somewhat out of date in terms of features... I have no idea what my options would be with updating it either since I'm in Australia and with the little communication I had with Neltronics (Beltronics Distributor in Aus) they didn't seem to care too much about my concerns.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman59 View Post
    The STI Driver is a great RD. It saved my bacon yesterday with a local PD out collecting tax's on my local Highway. I live in the state of Ohio, USA. This states Highway Patrol still uses X-band on its new patrol cars. To bad your are so far away. I have lots of radar guns to test with. Maybe you can find someone close with a Ka band source. Good Luck

Good to know I have picked a good option and others out there are still using the Driver . I did a look of looking around the forums but there is not much information for New South Wales, Australia. Maybe X Band is used here as well not sure. I believe they use Kustom Eagles in their HWP from what I've seen and been told though.

The radar antennas sit just above the drivers side window and seem to detect people both in front and behind. They very rarely use Radar guns and more just drive round or hide amongst trees using their in-car radars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Speed Demon

I'm a little late to this party, but send your Driver in for the Magnum upgrade. The fee is $100. At the same time, you'll get the firmware upgrade for Band Segmentation and RDR features will make the Magnum go head to head with a redline.