Good Citizen

Default Beltronics STi-R K/Ka reception dead

Hello guys! Experiencing the same problem for a second time already. First time this was repaired under warranty, something was soldered and the unit worked fine for several years. Now again the K/Ka reception is not working. Seems there is a separate antenna for that, which stopped working. The other one (X) is still functioning fine. Anyone has any info on how to fix this? Resetting the unit helped for some time. Reception was there but very poor until it stopped working again. Don't see much sense in sending the old unit back in, especially as the fix does not seem to be permanent. If someone has tips on how to fix this, I would like to try it out. Nothing to lose. Or I will get a new unit

Advanced Member

Default Re: Beltronics STi-R K/Ka reception dead

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    Hello guys! Experiencing the same problem for a second time already. First time this was repaired under warranty, something was soldered and the unit worked fine for several years. Now again the K/Ka reception is not working. Seems there is a separate antenna for that, which stopped working. The other one (X) is still functioning fine. Anyone has any info on how to fix this? Resetting the unit helped for some time. Reception was there but very poor until it stopped working again. Don't see much sense in sending the old unit back in, especially as the fix does not seem to be permanent. If someone has tips on how to fix this, I would like to try it out. Nothing to lose. Or I will get a new unit
    I worked for Radio Shack, a Tandy company. 5% failure on all products is the norm. Now stuff made over seas is the new issue. Their aint' no made in America, the good old USA, it's made on another planet called Asia, somewhere in Alfa Centari.