Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Compare STi Driver, RX65, and Vector 995 - Differences?

I would like to see a side-by-side comparison of all the features of the STi Driver, RX65, and the Vector 995. I want to see what the actual differences are. There does not seem to be a comparison of these models, which seem to be the same, but the more expensive models have a couple of extra features.

What I am looking for here is that if the more expensive models are really worth it. I heard that the RX65 and the Vector 995 are virtually the same. Also, if RADAR detector detectors is not an issue, is the STi even worth the purchase over the RX65, or Vector 995 for that matter?

Power User

Click on search, next to FAQ at the top and you can find what you're looking for.

Default None

Thanks, but I did the search and found no side-by-side comparison of these products.

Yoda of Radar

Okay here ya go:

STI - RDD not a problem, don't bother with it. It has a magnesium housing and a fancy case as you can see in other threads.

Generally, RX65 = V995. 995 has slightly less filtering capabilities but sensitivity is nearly identical. I'd go with an RX65 from Roy - but the V995 will serve you well if you want to save $40.

Default T. Y.

Thanks. Simple, but to the point.

TY

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Generally, RX65 = V995. 995 has slightly less filtering capabilities but sensitivity is nearly identical. I'd go with an RX65 from Roy - but the V995 will serve you well if you want to save $40.
    I think the RX65 has USA mode where the 995 does not... USA mode makes it worth it. :wink:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I think the RX65 has USA mode where the 995 does not... USA mode makes it worth it. :wink:
    it seems like my rx65 is not giving me long range on ka any more i have it on ka usa for sure, i bought it 2 months ago on ebay i know not a good idea, but 2 monts ago it was giving me a reall good long range on ka now i get a ka alert and it starts at 3-4 bar and i could see the cop, and i dont think it is instant on cause this happen to me like 3-4 times is there something wrong with my rx65, no self cal, or service require yet

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by rsxti

it seems like my rx65 is not giving me long range on ka any more i have it on ka usa for sure, i bought it 2 months ago on ebay i know not a good idea, but 2 monts ago it was giving me a reall good long range on ka now i get a ka alert and it starts at 3-4 bar and i could see the cop, and i dont think it is instant on cause this happen to me like 3-4 times is there something wrong with my rx65, no self cal, or service require yet
    I'm in the same boat as you are, also from ebay. I can't verify it, but I have lost some KA confidence. I have had it for about 6 months.

At first KA was impressive. Now its almost no warning. Then again last week a car in front of me (X50) slowed down a couple of seconds before I got the alert. It was apperant that he slowed due to the KA alert.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl

I'm in the same boat as you are, also from ebay. I can't verify it, but I have lost some KA confidence. I have had it for about 6 months.

At first KA was impressive. Now its almost no warning. Then again last week a car in front of me (X50) slowed down a couple of seconds before I got the alert. It was apperant that he slowed due to the KA alert.
    yea i know i dont know whats wrong iam going to go and do some more test, iam going to mount it high above the rvm see if that changes anything, iam just watinh for my suction cups that i ordered from roy, i broke mind always bendin it and stuff

ES13Raven

If your RX65 was working well, and now is not - why don't you send it in to Bel and have them fix it? Or exchange it through your EBay seller. They did give you a "warranty" right?