Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default interesting observation with v995...

i'm guessing this is the same on the rx-65 as well...

i didnt realize that the POP alert is basically the same as an instant on ka band alert. the other day i thought i was getting a pop false as i was turning a corner a little quickly but then i saw an unmarked cop and looked and saw ka band on my detector. i wasnt speeding as i was just coming around a corner, but i definately didnt speed up like i would have otherwise

just a word to those who havnt experienced this...

Advanced Member

That is exactly why if i have knowlegde of a state having MPH industry Ka- guns I leave POP- on cause it increases alerts on 33.8 mhz Ka radar

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

thats interesting, i didnt think of that happening. thats good to know for future road trips

i believe this hit was a 34.7, i cant remember exactly tho...i know my local PD uses a few 35.5 and 34.7 guns. i think all the local PD i've encountered were using ka, maybe 1 or 2 k. only moving radar i've seen is ka. i've only seen 33.8 in downtown milwaukee

Lead Foot

So if you receive a POP alert...it doesn't read "POP"....but rather the band frequency (K or Ka)?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    So if you receive a POP alert...it doesn't read "POP"....but rather the band frequency (K or Ka)?
    that would be nice, but nope, it reads POP if it is indeed a POP alert or POP false. however it sounds the exact same as an instant on ka band alert

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    that would be nice, but nope, it reads POP if it is indeed a POP alert or POP false. however it sounds the exact same as an instant on ka band alert
    Ahhhhh....I see! Muchos gracious for the info...I haven't ran into a POP alert yet with the V895, but was curious what to expect (especially since I may be exchanging it for a V995). Thanks again :wink:

Power User

And if it is a K band POP alert does it use the InstantOn K band alert sound.

Well that is good news indeed I was wondering if there was a way to tell a suposed POP alert if it was K or Ka since all it displays is POP unless you can get a repeat but in the regular threat display.

Professional

no way to tell if its ka or k band pop. its the ka instant on sound either way

Professional

Default Re: interesting observation with v995...

i didnt realize that the POP alert is basically the same as an instant on ka band alert.
    POP isn't the same thing as instant on. POP is much faster then instant on and legally can't be used against you in court. but they can switch from POP to regular mode in an instant and tag you that way.

Power User

Default Re: interesting observation with v995...

Quote Originally Posted by asianfire

i didnt realize that the POP alert is basically the same as an instant on ka band alert.
    POP isn't the same thing as instant on. POP is much faster then instant on and legally can't be used against you in court. but they can switch from POP to regular mode in an instant and tag you that way.
    I thought he was just commenting on the "alert" that sounds from the RD.