Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Sti detected spectrum

Could someone tell me what just happened,I was driving around a city,I drove down one street ka goes off 4,5 reading,could not see him anywhere.Turned around went back same thing,went back again seen a white undecover sitting infront of the police station engine off and no one around.This was stange engine off no one around and im half a block away from him his car is pointed away from me on that street,I go back this time and drive right by him,(there was a king cobra sticker on the upper front quater panel about the size of my fist never seen that before)now im 5 feet beside is diver side door and im gettint ka 4,5.The only thing I can think of and I could be completly wrong is the Sti detected his spectrum???Just asking not sayind it was.
    Thanks.

Old Timer

Default Re: question

Wow, I haven't heard that one before. Now I'm curious. Mk

Advanced Member

Yes when SML and the GOL's tested the Spectre as it moved close to the STi the STi alerted on Ka to the Spectre presence.

Kind of neat eh?

Experienced

I think it would be annoying to detect the Spectres and every piece of crap detector out there. :roll:

Good Citizen

Thats the great thing for me,I dont have any rd in my area im guessing and in almost i 4 weeks I have not run into another one so for me its great now I know wich crusier has the rdd in it.SO im still wondering what the pros here think about this encounter?It was a rdd?Im just reporting exactly what happened and I have no idea why it happened unless that crusier has a rd in it lol?

Power User

Some vehicles even when turned off, the cigarette plug is still on. If it was a true radar gun, the alert should be longer and stronger - should be full reading. If it was only 4 or 5 and produces short alerts/short times, it can be a spectre or other radar detectors around in someone's vehicle.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by RensoreK
    I think it would be annoying to detect the Spectres and every piece of crap detector out there. :roll:
    X2. That is why stealthJamal does not own an STI. Bel has to got fix that crap.

Good Citizen

The STI does false... it false to other detectors that are near it, and it would not surprise me if it also falses when near a specter.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by RensoreK
    X2. That is why stealthJamal does not own an STI. Bel has to got fix that crap.
    I agree with you guys. I bet though BEL's thoughts were that the STI is marketed in unfriendly detecotor areas, so this really won't be that big of a problem.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by hehaw77
    The STI does false... it false to other detectors that are near it, and it would not surprise me if it also falses when near a specter.
    Its been well documented, videos too http://www.radarbusters.com

As far as it being a posibble radar gun, that to is a possibility, I played around with a trooper that stopped at McDonalds and even though the car was shut off, his radar was still left on, he had both front and rear antennna. I got a 6 out of a maximum of 9. It was a Stalker @ 34.7

The thoughts of there being some kind of lower power guns what ever it may be is still frustrating could the "gain" setting if there is one do this?

Although with encounters with troopers where I would be the target, I still recieved plenty of warning but these other encounters that show up weak is irritating. It's just a fact of life to go along with these kinds of electronics.