Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Tested punch through on my m-20

I got to test to see what my car is capable of. I had a buddy drive it at me at 10 MPH and leave the blinder on so I could find the punch through. I had punch through at about 60 yards when targeting my headlights :? I was sort of dissapointed with these results with the fact I had veil on them. Usually I have 2 coats on there, but they kept flakin off so I pit one coat on them.

Should I be worried with these results on my blinder?

Banned

Back when I used to sell Blinders I had a customer that tested his Mercedes the same way as you did Sethy. He had punch through at 60 yards as well and was very frustrated by it. I told him 60 yards is only 180 feet. That is awesome!!! 150 feet isn't that far away and you surely wouldn't get hit by a cop that this short of a distance. Don't worry about it.

Chris

Old Timer

Actaully I am worried because quite a few speed traps around here are around a curve & a hill and cops are sitting no more then 200 feet in front of you

Good Citizen

Well, I guess if it worries you too much, you can always buy two more sensors for the front and make it an M-40.

Old Timer

On my small car? :shock: You're right, im just being to paranoid

Good Citizen

One thing I was also thinking about....are you sure that that little device you have has the same characteristics as a police LIDAR gun? What I mean is, maybe the laser isn't as wide at a given distance as it would be for police LIDAR. I am completely unknowledgeable of such things so forgive me if its a foolish thought. Reason I thought about it though was because the other day, at my second job at a supermarket, I was sitting at the register with one of those hand held, corded pricing guns and I was shooting it at the wall. I swear, the laser on that thing was about two feet wide at only two or three feet of distance.

Advanced Member

You could try putting Veil on the Entire car...... :wink:

Besides you sure a Cavalier can go fast enough to even get a speeding ticket.....

Yes you're Paranoid.... :shock:

Manufacturer

Sethy,

In my view (180 feet) or 60 metres is essentially a jam to gun - when you factor in travel rates. If you a travelling at say 25mph or slower, perhaps that can be an issue, but at any typical speed of say 45mph or higher, the time it takes for the gun to calculate a speed, I believe, would easily consume 150+ feet.

I would also think at such close range, officers would tend to target the center (ie; plate area) because of the potential of rapidly changing cosine angles at such close distances. To maxmize their chances, I would think, they would tend to shoot center-mass. Blinder [and VEIL] should really help.

If traffic enforcement is reduced to a 150 feet effective range, then laser this close is really no different than an instant-on radar trap. Which, IMHO, is minimizing the bite of laser.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Old Timer

Besides you sure a Cavalier can go fast enough to even get a speeding ticket.....
    It can hit triple digits 8)

Speed Demon

My little car was able to do 107 mph pretty easily. Thats as fast as I got it up to on my way to Bellingham.