Banned

Default Blinder Could Cause a Car wreck???

The reason why i write this post is that i been seeing alot of people talking about laser falsing and what it comes out to be is nothing more then a 80 grand lexas driving with laser guided cruise control now if the blinder went off then would that jam the laser guided system?

Yoda of Radar

Well, the car isn't driven by the lidar beam, it just slows down the car if it gets too close to something else.

But you should always be driving the car... in case of a jam I would expect it to take the "electronic foot" off the pedal so the driver would take over...

Should probably put this in the laser jammer section...

Cheetah Rep

interesting question. on the flip side, i wonder if shooting a laser gun at it would affect it in any way. i can see it now, they're driving the speed limit with cruise on, and they get clocked with laser. the cruise control then steps on the gas the closer they get to the officer.
    i'm sure there are safeguards in place, but i could see someone trying to explain that they didn't floor it the closer they got to the officer. "It was the car, not me."

Radar Fanatic

Alright, so which one of us is going to drop the $$$$$ on the FX45 so that we can film the test.

Newcomer

I put it in cruise control...like auto pilot on a plane right....went to the bathroom and then next thing I know we are off the road :?