Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power User

Quote Originally Posted by g_jammer
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    I think it would be diffcult for law enforcement to figure out you have a radar jammer..
    What about the odd Doppler tone the officer will hear as a car equipped with a radar jammer goes by?

You would go to jail for having a radar jammer, all law enforcement enforce federal laws.
    If the user turned the Scorpion off and slowed down, it wouldn't look as bad. Also, LEO's don't have experience having their radar jammed so they might not know what happened.

I know that with laser in VA (laser jammers illegal here) there have been times with my ZR3 and once with my Antilaser where I accidently let it jam without turning the jamming off after I has slowed down. Just a confused look from the LEO's when they were looking at their laser gun, but they didn't come after me to write me a $40 no points laser jammer ticket. I suspect that was the first time their laser gun was jammed and they didn't know what happened. Some LEO's don't even know working jammers exist.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal

If the user turned the Scorpion off and slowed down, it wouldn't look as bad. Also, LEO's don't have experience having their radar jammed so they might not know what happened.
    Just hope you don't encounter a veteran radar operator and land in jail :shock:

Professional

There's a saying, "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride."

What it means is you might get taken to jail for all most anything, and then end up getting released soon there after, and not be able to do much about it.

If you had a laser jammer, and you kept driving by cops using a laser, and then ran your mouth off when they stopped you, it's quite possible you might get to visit the grey bar hotel, and then later released. As far as I know, you'd have to pay for towing too!

To actually be found guilty of a crime and sentanced to jail time for using a laser jammer, seems unlikely. If you live where jammers are illegal, it's possible.

Ed

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    what kind of ride is it going on?
    Probably a 2003 Audi A4 or a volvo s40

Scratonicity Groupie

hrm... My biggest complaint with blinder these days is the sheer massive size of the head units. Or for that matter any LED based jammer. The only way you will get this installed cleanly, is you'll have to cut some part of your grill or bumper. Then you'll still have to put VEIL on your headlights.

If you have the cash I would recommend a diode based jammer, just because they are small and do NOT require VEIL.

Experienced

Blinder requires veil?

Scratonicity Groupie

Yes. Without VEIL you'll get punchthroughs over 1000FT guaranteed! If you have a front plate the LEO will get a reading almost instantly.

One thing I noticed about the M-45 Prototype we tested, it did not have those long punch throughs. So maybe they have found a way to fix that problem.

But as for the units that are shipping now you have to have VEIL.

Speed Demon

What's a punchthrough? The laser gun will eventually override the jammer?

Experienced

Well thats an expensive package then, VEIL + Blinder is like 500 bucks isn't it? And then theres installation which I can't do myself....

Is it worth it?

Can you install the jammers inside the grill?

Professional

Why can't you do the installation yourself?It's very easy and all of use here would be more than willing to help you..Yes the Blinder M-20xtreme with the veil plus lasershield combo is 450.00..Just give Roy a call,sometimes he gives great deals..