Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Some Questions using Blinder

I watched the video demonstrating it's effectiveness and was quite impressed. But the video shows the laser gun showing "- - - -" and I thought a laser jammer would give the "E04" error message. In fact, you can hear the guys calling out the error reading in the 20 minute video on Laserveil where they are demonstrating various combinations of detectors, veil, and blinder.

So which is it? I'm concerned about alerting the LEO that the gun is being jammed before I get the chance to shut down the blinder.

Also, I live in Maryland and rarely go to Virginia (sometimes into DC). If I have blinder installed, can anything be done to me legally if I'm driving in the state and have blinder shut off and can prove it? I was thinking of a situation where I disconnected the power wire under the hood, so it could be shown that there was no way I had the unit on and turned it off just before being stopped. In short, is it safe to drive in Virginia with the equipment installed but not powered?

What do others do when they take trips and have to pass through a state where it's illegal?

scrapser

Professional

Good Citizen

Thanks for the reply but that thread (and the thread it references) doesn't address any of my questions.

scrapser

Professional

Default Re: Some Questions using Blinder

Quote Originally Posted by scrapser

So which is it? I'm concerned about alerting the LEO that the gun is being jammed before I get the chance to shut down the blinder.

scrapser
    Even older guns show that a jammer may be being used. Look at E07

Newer guns also say actually on the screen "Jam"

Good Citizen

Thanks...I was hoping a few people might chime in with war stories about their encounters if the jamming was detected and became an issue to the LEO. I'd still like to know if having the equipment on the car but turned off or disabled will get you in trouble in a state where it's illegal.

scrapser

Professional

If your asking if the officer may make you cut the heads off if he spots them, then YES! there was a video of a trucker who got pulled over with a RD. After writing him a ticket, the officer made him put his RD under his tire and Actually run it over.

Advanced Member

In all of the testing GOL has done (including Blinder):

LTI Ultralyte/Marksman: E07 or a JAM indicator has never come up.

Stalker LZ-1: E04 (Jam code) comes up on every unit we test. It also comes up VERY frequently on vehicles that don't have any jammer at all.

Laser Atlanta: We haven't had the opportunity to test the new version of this gun that displays jam codes.

Kustom Prolaser III - does not indicate jamming (no jam codes)

Hope this helps!

Jim

Professional

Thanks professor jim.I learned some new things as well.

Good Citizen

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to get a feel for how everything plays out in real time. I figured if you could prove the equipment was inoperable, then they couldn't cite you for any wrongdoing. I think showing the LEO that you took pains to disable the equipment in the forbidding state would earn you some credit in his eyes.

Then when you cross the state line...

scrapser

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    If your asking if the officer may make you cut the heads off if he spots them, then YES! there was a video of a trucker who got pulled over with a RD. After writing him a ticket, the officer made him put his RD under his tire and Actually run it over.
    The courts are a different story, but an officer doesn't have the legal authority to make you do that.