Lead Foot

Default Blinder protection

does the Blinder really offer protection against ALL lidar threats?

i drive a 2005 honda civic w/ an 8500x50 + veil + laser shield...

i understand it might not JTG all the way past the cop, but will it at least JTG long enough for me to slow down to the PSL?

honest answers please!

Professional

It all depends on the location and the officer habbits.

If the road is not that long than you may not get enough advance warning. Some officers like to target around 1000-1500 ft to give them time to set their gun down then get ready to pull you over. While others may wait to your almost on them.

Good Citizen

I think as long as you have your blinders mounted properly (veil is a plus but not for me)you have a much better chance than no blinders at all. When you pass your first laser speed trap where you are def speeding, and you slow down and turn the blinder off, and no one follows you, then decide for yourself. Nothing is 100%
    guaranteed. Nothing is more humbling than speeding around with a RD just to get a plane vascar ticket. If the conditions are right, and the officer truly knows what he/she is doing, you will get a ticket.

All these stories of jammer owners driving through traps jamming guns make me laugh. The only true way to tell if a jammer is working properly (besides getting a lidar gun yourself) is to either pull over and ask the officer afterwords, or speed 20+ and then hit the brakes. Just because an officer keeps shooting you or looks at his gun as you pass does not mean you jammed the gun. You don't know what speeds he is is looking for, or even if an officer is available to pull you over.

Newcomer

Default jtg

If I am so close to the laser gun that he gets punch through, will the M40 continue to alarm, or does the audible alert switch off once he gets punch thru?
    I am asking as our LEO's are now (in last month) using a camera with laser gun attached. They only shoot at you when you are very close to them, and I always get alert from blinder, but sometimes dont have time to slow down, before I pass them. My question is are they getting a reading on me, or because I am getting signal from the M40 all the way past the LEO, am I safe?
    Cheers, Percy-Zn

Good Citizen

signal just means the Blinder see the laser and "try" to jam it.. JTG or not.. only the LEO knows

Newcomer

Default thanks

thanks, thats what I though.
    So i guess if no fines in the post, then it's jammin to the gun!!!

Good Citizen

Blinder will provide protection against all threats but with jamming, nothing is 100%. Sometimes the operator gets lucky, sometimes you get lucky. One thing is for sure, a Blinder or LPP will significantly increases your chances.

Newcomer

You could always just speed through and see if you can jam him the whole time. You might get a ticket, but defensive driving is available once a year here for 50 bucks and ticket is dismissed. No insurance increase thank god. The wholdereason i went out and bought a bel 995, blinder m-20, laser veil, and a laser shield is because one ticket came close to almost doubling my insurance premium. I had already taken defensive driving onec already for that year so wham it got stuck on my driving record.