Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default Blinder 05/29/05 Test Results

Here they are folks. We got cooked in the hot sun in order to make this video. My back is on fire. Damn this obsession

http://www.jammertests.com/page/page/2064813.htm
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Blinder 05/29/05 Test Results

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Here they are folks. We got cooked in the hot sun in order to make this video. My back is on fire. *BEEP* this obsession

http://www.jammertests.com/page/page/2064813.htm
    Wow! That is some pretty comprehensive testing. I can't wait to see the videos. The results are surprising to say the least. That Stalker lidar gun must be one bad@$$ piece of equipment to perform as well as it did against combinations of both passive and active countermeasures. A big surprise is how far away Jim's car was clocked even though it is black with retractable headlights and no front plate. Even Veil on his car's foglights only helped reduce targeting ~25-30%. It looks like my black foglights covers will always be on unless there is actually fog out which is very rare where I live. In the past before I had my Blinder installed, I would always slow down pretty quickly after an alert hoping that the lidar gun had not locked on me yet. I am so glad I did after seeing this. Even with the Blinder installed, my motto remains "brake first and look for the officer later" when it comes to lidar. Of course after I reach the speed limit, the Blinder goes off so the officer gets my speed and does not suspect I am jamming him.

Veil and Laser Shield have been shown to be effective once again. It also proves that even a Blinder M30 helped by Veil and Laser Shield has punch-through at close range. Even if money is very tight, anyone who knows that lidar is used in their area should have a Laser Shield on their front plate and use some Veil (even if you must split the container with a couple of friends to offset the cost.) This should at least prevent the ultra-long range targeting and may give you a precious short amount of time to slow down before being clocked if your radar detector actually is able to see the laser and given an alert.

Again thanks guys for doing the testing and thanks to JTW for hosting the results.

Old Timer

and thanks to everyone that sacrificed themselves to the sun :roll:

Founder of Stealthvation

Hell yeah I dont think they know how roasted we are Sethy
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

I got torched by the sun back in mid April.... doing park clean up in the mountains of Western Maryland had me a lot closer to the sun than the streets of Baltimore. That was Saturday and it took til Tuesday afternoon before I was comfortable again. I kept lotion/moisturizer covering my face 24/7. I still looked like this -> ops: but I didn't peel.

Radar Fanatic

You can buy some "after-sun" lotions that really help a sunburn. It won't undo the damage but the pain subsides a lot faster. Getting something with a ton of aloe is key.

Manufacturer

Here's something that is cheap and it actually works to ease over-exposure to the sun.

Vinegar! Blot clear vinegar on your skin that is overexposed and by the following morning you'll be in better shape. You may not like the smell for the first five minutes, but you skin will thank you tomorrow.
    Trust me.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Yoda of Radar

Just be sure not to smoke or anything or your back will vulcanize!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Here's something that is cheap and it actually works to ease over-exposure to the sun.

Vinegar! Blot clear vinegar on your skin that is overexposed and by the following morning you'll be in better shape. You may not like the smell for the first five minutes, but you skin will thank you tomorrow.
    Trust me.

Veil Guy 8)
    Veil guy is 100% right, that really works - firsthand experience.

Manufacturer

compu44,

I actually learned that trick from a Trinidadian/Tobago native.

Whereas most commercial treatments essentially numb the skin, vinegar actually heals/fixes the damage in short order. Don't ask me how though.

I sometime have used this trick to power tan when time is short and the sun is hot (like at the equator or the desert :wink: )

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook