Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blinder transceiver install locations on a Dodge Magnum?

Looking for some suggestions on where to mount the transceivers on my car. I got the M-40 from Roy. Should I go two in front, two in back? three in front, one in back? Where exactly would be the best places to put them?

I already put Veil on my license plate covers, and will also do the headlights, foglights, grill, and taillights.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Banned

If you want to spend the $600.00 on a Blinder M40 I would put two transmitters right next to the license plate and one transmitter next to each hadlight.

A new laser jammer is coming out within a few months. I'll be testing the prototype in hopefully 4 weeks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    If you want to spend the $600.00 on a Blinder M40 I would put two transmitters right next to the license plate and one transmitter next to each hadlight.

A new laser jammer is coming out within a few months. I'll be testing the prototype in hopefully 4 weeks.
    Another laser jammer :shock: :shock: :shock: Aat least this will keep current jammer companies on their feet

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Based on the size of that front end, I'd have to agree. Putting the jammer heads near the plate (first point of reference) would almost guarantee the lights wouldn't be protected.

Wonder if the Blinder heads will even fit in that grill to get them close to the lights??

Lead Foot

Since Hawaii requires a front license plate you should get a Laser Shield. People do drive around without a front plate there, but they are risking a ticket for it. You should also definitely use your Veil for your headlights as they are quite large making them lidar friendly. This combination will reduce long range targeting and make the jammer more effective in case you are targeted at short range. For four jammers on the front do what JTW said. If you go with only two I would put them in the bottom of the grill a couple of inches to the side of the license plate.

I would also try to discreetly find out if the officers in Hawaii also target from the rear as they do occassionally in other places. This would help you decide if you want rear coverage or not. Covering the rear of a vehicle will be more difficult unless you have a small zippy black sports car with small tail lights. If you do decide to try to cover your rear them you will need Veil on your tail lights and a Laser Shield for the license plate. I would position the jammers just to the right and left of the upper border of the license plate. This will leave you with only two jammers on the front of the car which means you will have more punch-through and possibility of a long range targeting especially without Veil and the Laser Shield. Regardless of how you mount the Blinders slow down when targeted and power off the jammer once at the speed limit. Here is where you can get the products which some forum members now say are required:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ser-Shield.asp

Thanks for the responses, guys. I have already received my laser shields, and I plan to veil them and everything else as soon as I know it won't rain for 24 hours.

Anyway, just one more question. Is there that much more benefit in having two transceivers near the front plate, as opposed to having just one there and having one near the rear plate? I am mainly concerned with the front, so it's not a problem to do all four there, but I wouldn't mind having something in the rear. Unless you guys think the veil and laser shield is enough back there.

Founder of Stealthvation

get an M40 for that bad boy, some Veil, and a laser shield
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

I dont think he has room on that thing to mount 4 heads.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jester
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I have already received my laser shields, and I plan to veil them and everything else as soon as I know it won't rain for 24 hours.

Anyway, just one more question. Is there that much more benefit in having two transceivers near the front plate, as opposed to having just one there and having one near the rear plate? I am mainly concerned with the front, so it's not a problem to do all four there, but I wouldn't mind having something in the rear. Unless you guys think the veil and laser shield is enough back there.
    One jammer head on the front and one on the back would not be sufficient coverage by itself for your vehicle. The only thing that this would protect would be a motorcycle. Your best options would be to include at least two jammer heads on the front of the car before considering whether or not you want two at least two jammer heads for the rear of the car too. I would make sure that I used two coats of Veil on the headlights, foglights, and tail lights. More than one coat of Veil on the Laser Shield will darken it a lot, but the choice is up to you about this.

On the front of the car, the best place for each jammer head using only two units would be the exact midpoint of an imaginary line from the center of your license plate to the center of the headlight. On the rear of the car, I would mount two units 16-20 inches apart on the indentation in the rear bumper just above the license place. I would do this with a Blinder M40 and would slow down as soon as you are targeted.

Veil and the Laser Shield alone would definitely not prevent a speed reading from the rear unless it was a very distant shot which would be highly unlikely. I was nailed at about 600 feet from the rear with lidar before I upgraded my unit with two jammer heads for the rear. Unfortunately, I too believed that I would never be tagged from the rear, but from personal experience a $150 ticket and the insurance hit are much more expensive than just protecting the rear at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Quote Originally Posted by jester

One jammer head on the front and one on the back would not be sufficient coverage by itself for your vehicle. The only thing that this would protect would be a motorcycle. Your best options would be to include at least two jammer heads on the front of the car before considering whether or not you want two at least two jammer heads for the rear of the car too.
    Sorry, I was a little unclear on this. What I meant to ask was, "Besides the two transceivers by the headlights, is there that much more benefit in having two transceivers near the front plate, as opposed to having just one there and having one near the rear plate?"

Anyway, I had the install done. I went with all four up front. One next to each headlight, and one on either side of the license plate in the bumper. The only problem is that the heads next to the headlights are actually behind the grill. I know this isn't optimal, but I didn't want to cut the grill just yet.