Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Blinder vs Laser Mimic

Well, I have a few questions;

1) I have a Bell RX-65 and I find that I get alot of laser false alerts from sunlight, headlights, rain, etc. Although through all of the false alarms I get for laser I NEVER hear the blinder go off.

2) The ONE time the blinder went off, I was tagged by a speedtrap and ended up getting a ticket. Although the blinder did go off, I wasn't sure if it did jam to a point. I probably should have slammed on the brakes but I wasn't expecting it. I am so used to the false alarms from the Bell that the sound of the jammer shocked me for a brief second.

That being said, do you know of any tests showing the Laser Mimic vs the Blinder? I'm disappointed that I got a ticket. The jammer beeped twice when I got it.

Lead Foot

Blinder should pay the ticket if it was professionally installed. Also if you can find out tell us what gun it was, how far away you were targeted, and describe the encounter in greater detail.

Lead Foot

BTW what is the make, model and color of your vehicle? Also where are your jammers, how many jamming heads do you have, do you have a front plate, did you have Veil, and did you have a Laser Shield? I know I asked a lot of questions but a lot of people will want to know all the details about this.

My RX65 does not false on laser at all unless I am near an airport so your RX65 maybe malfunctioning. I can say for sure sunlight, headlights, brake lights, and rain have never set my unit off. If it is still under warranty, you may want to get it tested.

The times I was targeted before I had my Blinder which was twice slamming the brakes saved me I guess because I was 20mph+ over the limit each time. Even with my Blinder I still react quickly to slow down because there is probably punch-through and I want to be as close to or below the limit before the officer gets my speed.

Lead Foot

Well, if you did get a ticket with the blinder, and you had it professionally installed they WILL pay the ticket and it supposedly will be the first one paid by Blinder. I would file that with them right away.

Newcomer

Yeah I assure you, I did get a ticket with a blinder, and it was professionally installed, and it did indeed beep. I assume it "punched through" because admittedly I didn't slow down immediately. I'm not going to make a claim for that reason -- had I felt that I did everything to prevent it, I would have probably made a claim.

The blinder is installed on a 2002 Jaguar XJR 100, the receivers are installed in the front spoiler, there are no obstructions, and there are only two. I believe it's the "10".

Lead Foot

I'd still file it with them. There is no stipulation saying you have to slow down immediately. This might make them realize their product is not as good as they think and advertise.

Newcomer

I also don't know what gun the officer was using. I wasn't about to ask him, "officer, if you don't mind, I'm wondering why my jammer didn't jam you properly - what gun are you using?"

I should probably get that Bell checked - but we bought two from radar roy at the same time and they both seem to do it.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    I'd still file it with them. There is no stipulation saying you have to slow down immediately. This might make them realize their product is not as good as they think and advertise.
    Maybe I'll take your advice and do so. It seems like a mega hassle to me though. I'm not interested in digging up receipts for the sake of a $200 ticket -- I am more concerned that I have 9 demerits on my license from random tickets here and there. Speeding doesn't help...

Advanced Member

File your Ticket with blinder!!!!!!! have you read their no ticket guarantee????? there is no use on changing the jammer if you already have the Blinder which is the only jammer to jam every laser gun on the market!!!!!!

How fast were you going over the speed limit, and post a pic of where your blinders are mounted.....I assume you are using the Blinder M20 extreme...you might just want to add another jamming head minimumly VEIL treat the head lights and put a laser sheild plate cover on the front plate

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by gsti
    I also don't know what gun the officer was using. I wasn't about to ask him, "officer, if you don't mind, I'm wondering why my jammer didn't jam you properly - what gun are you using?"

I should probably get that Bell checked - but we bought two from radar roy at the same time and they both seem to do it.
    There are much more subtle ways than direct questioning which is unheard of unless your name is Outrun. You can call and ask yourself anonymously or get someone to find out for you. Also of course do not volunteer information about the jammer under any circumstances and always react immediately. Radarroy says that many people with speed detection equipment are nailed because they do not react to an initial alarm as they should.