Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truth is Truth

Newcomer

Default Truth is Truth

Guys-

I want you to know I have been a great fan of your for years. Matter of fact, being such a car nut in my circle of individuals that I influence, I'm personally responsible for the sale of dozens of your M40 units.

I recently tested my 300 SRT8 against a Stalker laser and it FAILED miserably. As it were, I had purchased on behalf of a friend of mine who just bought the new E550 and had it installed. As we went to test it w/ a local police officer, I went ahead and tested mine that I had installed months ago. Being that my M40 system worked well on my 2001 BMW 740il, I just figured it would work great on my Chrysler. NOT SO.

It failed in every aspect. I have to admit, I have the Bentley knock-off steel mesh grille, but still the Blinder did absolutely nothing. The Mercedes w/ the lower profile worked great. It didn't get a reading until after around 400 ft. I was like a beacon over 2000ft.

I was so upset, I ripped it out that day, sent away for the LPP and just came home tonight after testing it w/ the same officer and same gun. The LPP worked GREAT!!!

I'm not telling you guys this to make you feel bad. Matter of fact, you folks saved me a lot of headaches on my BMW, but because I care of you guys and know the integrity of your product, you need to know the cold truth. Currently, the diodes that LPP makes are far superior.

I hope you don't just deny this and bury your heads in the sand. Get going and come back w/ an even better product. If you do, I'll buy you again.

Advanced Member

that grill is deadly and maked it quite impossible for LED jammers to work

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

I think the front of the car was designed by a consortium of Kustom, LTI and Stalker.

Seriously, good for you that you found out before it's too late.

Good Citizen

Have you installed a single or a dual head LPP at the front of your car?

Lead Foot

LPP All The Wayyy, I'm assuming he has 2 heads on that big front grill

Manufacturer

Try and install the unit for protection not for looks. You will get much better protection. With the unit across the bottom of the car you don't have a chance.

Old Timer

^ I agree - function over form.

But for some, where the heads fit - as well as their ability to be concealed and/or impact/debris protected, is just as much of a "real" concern as performance in terms of protection.

I, too, was concerned about the Blinder heads' physical size when shopping for new protection.

This is an area where, I think honestly, the Blinder could improve upon.

Please don't take this as being a "bash" - it's honest, constructive, criticism.

Newcomer

Default Blinder could improve upon

I totally agree. I put a new m20 on the rear of my car and got punch throughs form 100- 1800 ft. It was totally worthless. I tested with an LTI and a retired policeman. I have a LPP on the front and got JTG every time. I am going to pull the M20 off my car. If it does not work, then I will install and LPP on the back.
    In fairness, I think the Blinder works ok on the front of most cars. I am going to install the M40 I have on the fron of my wifes suburu out back, and will probably get good results. I will retest it after the install. If it does not work, then off to craigs list.

Manufacturer

Things are in the works. Blinder Demark brings the best product they have. When the the unit comes out it will be the best they have jamming and service. Size, I know they are working with. You have to know one thing Blinder Denmark will not ship a un-tested product. The name means to much to thes guys. Not saying all jammers, but some of these midnight jammer companies won't be here tomorrow. Blinder is a well tested product and I can't wait to test some of the new stuff myself.

Advanced Member

Yup thats why I'm waiting.....