Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Honda CRV mounting

I mounted a blinder on my wife's CRV about a year ago. Not too happy with the headlight coverage:

http://www.bergsman.org/jeremy/crvblinder.jpg

It's 13" from the center of a transponder to the inside edge of the light and 27" to the outside. Any comments or suggestions, especially from BlinderDude?

I have to say, mounting seems to be the weak point of this system. I was unimpressed with the mounting brackets (had to fab my own), and the included screws seemed a bit big.

Also, has anyone thought about some sort of (probably non-stealth) quick mounting system for rental cars and the like?

Lead Foot

Default Re: Honda CRV mounting

Quote Originally Posted by ancientintegra
    I mounted a blinder on my wife's CRV about a year ago. Not too happy with the headlight coverage:

http://www.bergsman.org/jeremy/crvblinder.jpg

It's 13" from the center of a transponder to the inside edge of the light and 27" to the outside. Any comments or suggestions, especially from BlinderDude?

I have to say, mounting seems to be the weak point of this system. I was unimpressed with the mounting brackets (had to fab my own), and the included screws seemed a bit big.

Also, has anyone thought about some sort of (probably non-stealth) quick mounting system for rental cars and the like?
    Wow, I think that is a pretty good mounting location. Many of us have to put it next to our plate which gives us even less protection on the headlights. I think it looks really good personally.

Radar Fanatic

Looks pretty much optimal to me. If you are worried about headlight coverage I'd get a can of Veil to complement the Blinder. It's pretty cheap insurance on the investment you've already made.

Good Citizen

Default what took you so long?

Fortunately, in that year, it hasn't been tested. Just put on the laser shields and the Veil I got from Roy a couple weeks ago. Look for an upcoming post on that....

Radar Fanatic

With Blinder, Veil, and Laser Shield working together I think you're about as well protected as you could hope to be! The next step after that is putting a block of wood under the accelerator so that you can never get to the speed limit.

Founder of Stealthvation

The 3M Super Acrlylic tape works GREAT. The mounting system does suck.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

I mounted my blinder heads to a 2X4 that I screwed in under my car

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I mounted my blinder heads to a 2X4 that I screwed in under my car
    Yeah but I swear your heads are out of whack. They do not look parallel
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Manufacturer

That install looks good to me. Would you like a job? If you are worried about the head lights Veil is the way to go. With that coverage on the car you should have no worries. Serious that is one of the better installs I have seen. We are working on some new brackets, I have had some requests. The system is always a work in progress this includes the hardware.

Good Citizen

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder Dude
    That install looks good to me. Would you like a job?
    I am in fact currently looking for a job. Although a slightly different one. I'm glad people think it is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder Dude
    If you are worried about the head lights Veil is the way to go. With that coverage on the car you should have no worries. Serious that is one of the better installs I have seen. We are working on some new brackets, I have had some requests. The system is always a work in progress this includes the hardware.
    Thanks for responding to this. Could I suggest something where the up/down angle adjustment is independent of the mounting? Some sort of screw which drives the transceiver up or down as you turn it would be really helpful. If it's not clear what I mean I could draw a picture. And it needs more freedom in terms of the height of the bracket. That's the main reason I needed to fab my own--the stock brackets would have left it behind the "grill".

Finally, I don't have a suggestion here, but I was left uncomfortable by the levelling. Not knowing how important the level is, I wondered both how level the ground under my car was and how accurate the included little level was.

Anyway, assuming you do well in the upcoming SML tests, you and Roy will have another purchase from me soon for my own car.