Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default My blinder install, is it good? (pic included).

The black lines are 10" (to the centre of the transponder to the centre of the plate), so is this good enough for full coverage of the plate?

Thanks,
    Vilhelm

Advanced Member

get some VEIL to make it better

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

For a two transponder setup, you've got it pretty much optimized.

Only way to make it better (transponder wise) would be to move the transpoinders up next to the headlights, or hell, cant really see if you can, but in FRONT of the headlights. Add a third directly over the plate.

In that situation I could see JTG.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by synmoo
    For a two transponder setup, you've got it pretty much optimized.

Only way to make it better (transponder wise) would be to move the transpoinders up next to the headlights, or hell, cant really see if you can, but in FRONT of the headlights. Add a third directly over the plate.

In that situation I could see JTG.
    My main concern is the plate. So will these 2 transponders cover the whole plate? I am going to get some VEIL for the headlights, it's just a question of time before I order it.

Good Citizen

Your plate is well covered, yes, but would be better covered by the solution I suggested.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by synmoo
    Your plate is well covered, yes, but would be better covered by the solution I suggested.
    Yeah I guess, but if I get a 3rd one I will put it in the middle, and let the other 2 stay as they are, and put VEIL on the lights, too much hassle to move them, and they are well hidden in their current position. So anyone else agree that my 2 transimters cover my plate 100%?

Thanks,
    Vilhelm

Radar Fanatic

I really think that your setup is ideal for that car. A hit to one of those lights should definitely set off the Blinder, as would a hit to the plate. Based on everything I've seen that's all that matters. Simply putting down 50% more jamming power doesn't seem necessary or cost effective. The only thing I would do is Veil those lights to give the Blinder a little help.

BTW, what year/model is that? Looks like a 242 but I can't tell.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    I really think that your setup is ideal for that car. A hit to one of those lights should definitely set off the Blinder, as would a hit to the plate. Based on everything I've seen that's all that matters. Simply putting down 50% more jamming power doesn't seem necessary or cost effective. The only thing I would do is Veil those lights to give the Blinder a little help.

BTW, what year/model is that? Looks like a 242 but I can't tell.
    Thanks for your help.

Its a Volvo 244 DL '79 with a B21ET engine, intercooler, boosting 0.65-1.0bar (manual boost controller in car). Its an ugly car, but it is pretty quick.

Radar Fanatic

The B21ET is a great motor. Not impressive by todays standards, but you deserve a medal if you can find a way to break one. If I'm not mistaken, the block design is basically a V8 truck engine with one bank of cylinders chopped off. It makes my aluminum "white block" motor look incredibly fragile, by comparison. I'll always have a soft spot for those older RWD tanks, however ugly they may be.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    The B21ET is a great motor. Not impressive by todays standards, but you deserve a medal if you can find a way to break one. If I'm not mistaken, the block design is basically a V8 truck engine with one bank of cylinders chopped off. It makes my aluminum "white block" motor look incredibly fragile, by comparison. I'll always have a soft spot for those older RWD tanks, however ugly they may be.
    , yeah they can take a lot of abuse, that's for sure. Only problem is the old K-jet fuel system, ohh well, in a couple of years I will be upgrading to a Supra MKIV TT 6speed So I can live with that untill then.