Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default M20 Always powered on, OK?

I just moved my M20 Xtreme from my 02 Bonneville to a new Buick Lacrosse.

I could not easily find a switched 12V power supply under the dash, and I don't have any special equipment to test a wire for voltage without cutting into it, so I wired it up to a constant 12V source.

Is it harmful to the jammers to leave power to the system for a long period of time? I plan to switch it off whenever I think of it but chances are, I'm not always going to remember.

Otherwise, is there such a tool that can used to test a low voltage wire without stripping it? I know there is one for high AC voltage but what about 12V DC?

Thanks.

Good Citizen

I did contact Blinder about this issue and they said that leaving the jammers powered on can eventually burn them out.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

One clue....FUSE BOX!!!! Some will be switched power. Test & tell.

Power User

Default Re: M20 Always powered on, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by RichO
    I just moved my M20 Xtreme from my 02 Bonneville to a new Buick Lacrosse.

I could not easily find a switched 12V power supply under the dash, and I don't have any special equipment to test a wire for voltage without cutting into it, so I wired it up to a constant 12V source.

Is it harmful to the jammers to leave power to the system for a long period of time? I plan to switch it off whenever I think of it but chances are, I'm not always going to remember.

Otherwise, is there such a tool that can used to test a low voltage wire without stripping it? I know there is one for high AC voltage but what about 12V DC?

Another quick tip if you can get to the radio wires, there is a switched lead from there, I think it is the Red Wire, but double check, I believe the Yellow Wire is a constant lead.
    Thanks.

Good Citizen

The first place I tried to get as was the wires to the radio but there is not enough play int he harness leading there and I don't want to do any more disassembly of the interior since getting at the radio area would be a major project.

The fuse box is clear across the opposite side of the dash but the access is pretty easy. I'll look into that....don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

Thanks guys.

Power User

The first place I tried to get as was the wires to the radio but there is not enough play int he harness leading there and I don't want to do any more disassembly of the interior since getting at the radio area would be a major project.

The fuse box is clear across the opposite side of the dash but the access is pretty easy. I'll look into that....don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

Thanks guys.
    You can get an Add a Fuse that piggy backs 2 fuses together, and has a wire sticking out that you can then connect to the Blinders Power wire.

Good Citizen

That's a cool idea. If I can't find easy access at the fuse box I will look into that. I would assume that would be at most auto parts stores?

Power User

That's a cool idea. If I can't find easy access at the fuse box I will look into that. I would assume that would be at most auto parts stores?
    Yes most Auto Stores have it like PepBoys, I would assume check where they have fuses, be sure to check what type of fuses you have, mini or Reg sized.

Good Citizen

Yeah, definitely do the add on fuse---the jammer sucks some juice from what I understand and it has been likened from what I'm told to leaving your interior lights on.

Wire to the radio, ignition--anything that is only used when your turn the key.