Default Blinder possibly not working

Hi there

I installed my blinder the last two days and finally wanted to test it. So I went to a location with a fixed laser where my V1 always goes off. However not the Blinder. The green light stays on no beep nothing while the Valentine goes crazy. I thought that it's maybe the grill of my BMW z4 so I took it off. No difference. I checked the horizontal alignement again on a flat surface but the blinder did just not react.

Any ideas? The traffic control i.e laser spped measurement is done by this company I believe: www.cesag.com there is a product description on the site.

Thanks
    Andreas

Lead Foot

This looks like a very nasty combination red light and speed enforcement device that uses laser at very close range. To make matters worse the beam targets the front then left side then finally the rear of the car as the picture depicts in the PDF file posted on the website. Laser used in this manner will be very hard to detect and much harder to jam than head-on laser shots from a distance. It looks as though the V1's awesome laser sensitivity picks it up very well. My guess is that the Blinder probably will not work in this situation even if it was positioned on the front, left, and rear sides of the car using multiple jamming heads. Maybe a more powerful jammer like the Lidatek or Antilaser units would work better, but this is only a theory though. The V1 and quick reflexes are your best bet against speed traps like this unless GPS speed trap locators are available in your area.

Thanks for your reply, this makes sense. As you see from my previous posting I'm a little concerned. Is there a device that works (I read the previous postings but that megajammer does not look good as people say) that triggers the Blinder?

Thanks
    Andreas

Lead Foot

You need to find a device that generates laser pulses at 904nm to test the Blinder. I have had personal experience with the Osprey laser range/speed finder so I know that will set off the Blinder for sure. There maybe other units like some of the ones listed below that will set the Blinder off too.

http://www.miniosprey.com/Laser-Rang...d-Finders.html

http://www.speedsafe.co.uk/product.php?id=129

http://www.bimmerparts.net/laser/laserstar.html

Professional

with a fixed laser where my V1 always goes off. However not the Blinder
    According to my own testing with a v-1 and blinder m-20 :

the v-1 is much much more sensitive then the blinder , which do not imply the blinder-20 is not working.

Shooting a blinder with a remote control , you can hear a very weak brzbrzbrzbrz , shooting the v-1 ,within the same parameter , the v-1 goes off full blast alert.

In real life , the big advantage of the blinder in detecting laser is the ideal location of the blinder , close to the main targets on the car : plate and headlights , which is not the case of the detector.

Yoda of Radar

Plus, the Blinder is set to detect particular laser gun that it can jam. The RD needs to alert to any possible gun, whereas the jammer is only set to what exists.