Cheetah Rep

Default Blinder install front and rear on full size truck

Since the receivers use rj-11, can a splitter be used to power 2 of them, making an M-40 an M-50, or would it lose power on those two?
    This could give the option of 5 heads in front as opposed to 4.

The red circle is my old setup. the yellow would be the new setup.
    what do ya think?

As for the rear, i've been told it will be difficult to impossible to jam, but i'd like to give it a try.

Ideally, the top install would be easier, but if the bottom one would work better, it could be done, but i would need to cut out part of the bumper cover, to inset the receivers.

Any other thoughts or suggestions.
    Thanks.

Old Timer

On the front, you want the layout like this...

The chrome is more of a threat then your headlights! Having that much chrome on your front, thats what you want to be hiding. Let veil take care of the headlights.

Yoda of Radar

I'd get a base-model Tundra grille which is dark grey plastic.

Advanced Member

put the transponders on the chrome bumer and youd definitely need 2x M40s

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    On the front, you want the layout like this...

The chrome is more of a threat then your headlights! Having that much chrome on your front, thats what you want to be hiding. Let veil take care of the headlights.
    Sethy has it down. Go with his recommendation. In fact put all 8 up front. Rear protection is next to impossible and rear shots are rare
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Cheetah Rep

Guys, thanks for the input.

I think this is a pre-Veil pic. the chrome is lightly Veiled and so are the headlights. Thanks to Steve's idea, i bought clear headlight covers ( In AZ clear are okay, smoked or any color is not). now once i Veil everything, that may put me in the tinted category, but hopefully not as noticeable.
    I'm re-Veiling the front, including the headlights and covers (front and back).
    I may also look into that idea about the plain grill.

Now i've got an M-80 to play with ( 2 M-20's and an M-40)
    (And before someone pipes in, i know i shouldn't be playing with M80's) :wink:

It sounds like some testing is in order. Sethy's idea would definately be the easiest to install. I've decided i want consistent JTG on every single run, so somewhere between 4 and 8 receivers should (BETTER) do it.

Now what about using the splitter idea, will that work?

Also, now humor me on this, what about the rear? Even though it is not likely, it'll only take one time to ruin my day. not to mention there's a particular overpass here, where eventually they will realize it'll be easy to shoot the rear and chase down with no problem, and not be seen.

I plan on Veiling the tail lights, but the problem is, that i have a large surface area, without a lot of install locations. the one over the plate will be easy, so my question is, will three blinders at the top of the tailgate work as well as 3 below. the top would be easier, plus i have a way to conceal them, as opposed to them being more visible and exposed at the bottom, but jamming is my first priority.
    I'll either Veil the chrome bumper, or look at the painted one that matches the truck.

Thanks for the help.

Cheetah Rep

Thanks again to everyone with their input.

The answer to the splitter is NO. it will pull away too much power.

After looking at my options and doing some testing with the Osprey, here is my choice for install location. this gives me consistent coverage, regardless where i shoot on the front.

At speeds over 35mph i can get consistent JTG. At slower speeds i'll usually get punchthrough at about 50-60 feet.

If i can get a hold of a real lidar gun, ill test it more thoroughly and get video of it. i would have gotten video with the Osprey, but the view finder is too small to get a clear shot of the display and vehicle.

As an option if really need be, i can still install another one directly under each headlight.
    From 45' and further, it will alert no matter where i aim on the front. it will still alert to a headlight shot each time up to about 30'. any closer and the beam is so tight, that i must almost aim directly at the transponder to get an alert.

Anyway, here's a pic.

A few install tips:
    I used a 6' straight edge across the bumper to get the transponders parrallel to the vehicle.

Once you have them in place and start routing wires, stretch them out and zip tie them about every 18-24". this makes it easier to work with the wires when running them inside.

Also, make sure you are on fairly level ground to begin with. don't do this in a sloped driveway. when you get on a level street, they will no longer be level.

Well that's it for the front.
    I'm still working on the back. with 3 transponders, i can get some good jamming once i am at about the 100'+ range. when i Veil the back, i'm going to try it on my bumper as well. i think it's worse than my flat tailgate at this point.
    Once i figure out the back, i'll update this.
    I'd rather have some protection and future warning from the rear now, instead of posting a "I got nailed with rear lidar" story.