Newcomer

Default Normal IR LED Jammer vs. Laser LED jammer

Can anybody explain to me please why jammers using laser are better than normal IR LED jammers ?

I understand Laser LED can generate more powerful and concentrated output light beam. But was the power of LED jammers insufficient ? Or it's because Laser LED are faster ?

Thanks !

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Normal IR LED Jammer vs. Laser LED jammer

Quote Originally Posted by Ivih
    Can anybody explain to me please why jammers using laser are better than normal IR LED jammers ?

I understand Laser LED can generate more powerful and concentrated output light beam. But was the power of LED jammers insufficient ? Or it's because Laser LED are faster ?

Thanks !
    This is because LED's output become easy to puchtrhough at long and short ranges, while Laser Diodes stay consistent. This can be fixed with passive countermeasures at long range though. LED's are probobly fine for a darker car with less of an IR profile, but Laser Diodes are the only way for bigger vehicles with chrome, etc.

What I fail to understand is why LED jammers remain so expensive when the manufacturing cost is so low.

I would buy a blinder if it cost around 200, but certainly I am not going to dish out twice that when I could get a Laser diode jammer for the same price.

Old Timer

It also seems that most of the diode jammers seem to outperform the LEDs in terms of reception.

Radar Fanatic

and the price should reflect that, but sadly it does not. If there was a large price difference I would recomend looking at LED jammers, but this is not the case.

EDIT:

You can find the M25 for pretty cheap... I am trying to figure out how it performs though.