Lead Foot

Default Hi, I'm looking to get a Jammer. Which one is the best?

I'm looking for the best price to performance ratio. I plan on using it with my passport 8500 x50. I don't want a million dollar jammer that can do the same job a $200 jammer can do. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lead Foot

Any reason why you posted this in Blinder's forum? Are you looking for a particular model of blinder, or do you want any type of jammer? There are lots of jammers out there each with their own pros and cons. First thing to do is make www.guysoflidar.com/ your best friend. Go read all the reviews. Search this forum and see what kind of guns are used in your area and then see how the different jammers do against you threats.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by licamell
    Any reason why you posted this in Blinder's forum? Are you looking for a particular model of blinder, or do you want any type of jammer? There are lots of jammers out there each with their own pros and cons. First thing to do is make www.guysoflidar.com/ your best friend. Go read all the reviews. Search this forum and see what kind of guns are used in your area and then see how the different jammers do against you threats.
    Oops, I guess I wasn't paying attention. I didn't mean to post this in the Blinder forum. The name brand doesn't matter to me. Only the price to performance ratio. I'll take a look at GOL's site now. Thanks

Old Timer

There's no simple "best" - even when price is the main determinant:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=jammer

The laser-diode based jammers aren't as expensive as you seem to think they are, considering that, taking the Blinder products as the base of comparison, you'll need at least a four-head M45 to equal the performance of the twin-head LI, LPP, or AL.

Speedtrap Crasher

do they make a million dollar jammer! :shock: if so I think I need one
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX

The laser-diode based jammers aren't as expensive as you seem to think they are, considering that, taking the Blinder products as the base of comparison, you'll need at least a four-head M45 to equal the performance of the twin-head LI, LPP, or AL.
    Are the Laser Interceptor, Laser Park Pro and Anti Laser laser-diode based? What kind of of jammer are the blinders? Where do I find the LPP, LI or AL? It seems like they only sell them in the UK. Are they available in the USA? And will I get front and rear laser protection with these?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by rose1

Are the Laser Interceptor, Laser Park Pro and Anti Laser laser-diode based? What kind of of jammer are the blinders? Where do I find the LPP, LI or AL? It seems like they only sell them in the UK. Are they available in the USA? And will I get front and rear laser protection with these?
    Yes the ones you mentioned are diode based, and the blinder and Zr3 are LED based.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by speed-demon
    Quote Originally Posted by rose1

Yes the ones you mentioned are diode based, and the blinder and Zr3 are LED based.
    Doesn't that mean the same thing? Diode based and LED (Light emmiting diode) based? They're all diode based.

Old Timer

"Laser-diode," versus light-emitting diode.

There's a significant difference.

Search for the terms "laser diode" or "laser-diode," and limit the scope to the Laser Jammers sub-Forum. You'll see some technical posts that will explain this much, much better than I can.

In terms of purchase, a simple look-see around the Laser Jammers sub-Forum should point you in the right direction. Currently, there are no true aboveboard Stateside resellers of either the LI, AL, or LPP. They are all "gray market," to some extent.