Newcomer

Default Noob questions (PLEASE share your wisdom!!)

First I just wanted to say this site rocks. So much great info.
    I live in MD. Since moving to MD from Cali (San Diego) I have been killed with laser tickets. I have a few questions for you all.

1.) Do they use rear laser in MD :?:

2.) Is the blinder illegal in MD :?:

3.) If I jam their laser will they stop me anyway after their humiliating defeat just to screw with me and look for other violations :?:

4.) I don't have a front plate (no trouble yet) but on my rear plate should I go with a laser shield :?: I have some veil on the way for my front lights.

Any other advice for someone relatively new to MD would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, LH

Lead Foot

I have driven through MD many times on the interstates and I have only encountered front laser attacks. They could use it from the rear as the guns can definitely get a reading even better this way. Unless you get a ticket it would be hard to detect rear laser unless you have a V1. My rear attack in another state resulted in a ticket, and my RX65 never made a sound. Rear protection is more difficult but after getting a ticket I decided that it is worthwhile. The decision is yours about whether or not it is worth it to you.

The Blinder is not something that you want law enforcement anywhere to find on your car so use a stealthy install and when targeted slow down and turn the thing off to let the officer get your speed at the limit. You do not want to do anything too suspicious liking trying to jam the laser completely without slowing down or doing repeated passes making you look suspicious. Like most cops anywhere if they really want to give you a ticket they will look hard for any violation so try to avoid raising too much attention. If they pull you over and find them do not admit to what the are and have a cover story rehearsed just in case.

Also MD is very strick about plate covers so do not use them there as they will get you a ticket quick. Going without a front tag is risky too as they can get you for this too. You may be able to get away with some Veil directly on the plate though. I would remove the plate, clean it well, and apply Veil with the plate on a horizontal surface. If you use a generous amounts and dab the plate with the sponge brush you can minimize noticeable brush strokes.

Newcomer

Thanks for replying to my message and the advice. I wish I knew for sure if MD uses rear laser, although I don't see how I could fit any jammer on the rear of my car. There is no room. I think I am going to continue to gamble with no front plate. It's been 2 years and no problems yet, even though I have been pulled over maybe 6 or 7 times.

Thanks, LH