Speed Demon

Default A question about water and the Blinder (motorcycle install)

I know Cheetah makes their Rider version of the Blinder with some well-thought out touches such as waterproofing and shortening some of the cabling.

I'm just curious what people's experiences have been about installing the "basic" M20/M25 on a motorcycle. Any issues with water getting into the system and causing difficulties?

Banned

Default Hmmmmmm

I haven't heard of any issues with water getting into it, RacerX would be able to answer that question for you better than I could. He has more experience in this field on the new water-proofing of the Blinder M-20 and M-25.

8)

Radar Fanatic

I would love to know this as well.... I am new to motorcycles and am definitley putting an M25 on it, just don't know where to put the control box...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner
    I would love to know this as well.... I am new to motorcycles and am definitley putting an M25 on it, just don't know where to put the control box...
    Under the seat?

Cheetah Rep

With a traditional Blinder setup on a bike, you must find a way to protect the control box from moisture. if you get caught in some rain and it gets wet, well it's toast.
    You would want it mounted under the seat as long as it is protected from below, maybe look at some baggies and zip locks too, to help with possible splash up.
    different types of bikes, have different options for mounting locations, some can be more cramped than others. if you have cargo bags or something, maybe put it there.
    also, the added cord length can be a pain sometimes, since you have to coil it and put it somewhere as well. this can be the case with pretty much any jammer setup on a bike, where space is at a premium.

also, if you are looking to mount the buzzer or LED, you need to take that into consideration as well, to not get them wet.
    Now this can be done, I've done it myself before, it takes a lot of creativity sometimes.

As for the M25 Rider, it definitely makes it a piece of cake. everything is waterproof, and the cords are shorter, so you don't have to deal with that bundle either.
    The control box and the wireless transmitter is all in one, so you can mount it anywhere you have room, and it won't matter if water splashes it, plus the Vizalert receiver is waterproof as well.

You connect the two heads via waterproof connectors, connect the powers side to the battery, and that's it, it's connected.

Newcomer

Default Cutting Cables!!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    also, the added cord length can be a pain sometimes, since you have to coil it and put it somewhere as well. this can be the case with pretty much any jammer setup on a bike, where space is at a premium.
    Hello I was reading your post and I will be putting a blinder system on my ninja just wondering can you just shorten the cables? Cut and splice or soldier kinda thing?

Professional

There are 4 seperate cables inside the Blinder cable coming from the head to the control box. Splicing is NOT a good idea.

The Cheetah M25 Rider has 2m cable lengths instead of 4m on the Blinder car product. Basically it's the same M25 jammer made bike friendly, waterproofed, wireless with a heads up display so you don't miss alerts, waterproof handlebar switch a modified control box with waterproof connectors.

Professional

and you don't have to mess with the bike electrics.

Video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/speedcheetah

Professional

Default Re: A question about water and the Blinder (motorcycle insta

Quote Originally Posted by zr1
    Any issues with water getting into the system and causing difficulties?
    It's not just the rain you need to worry about. You also need to be careful when you're cleaning the bike too.

I've ruined two Blinder control boxes, that I thought were safely tucked up under the seat, when I was rinsing the bike off with a garden hose. [yeah... I know... two of them!!! You'd think I'd remember after the first time - doh!]

Banned

Default Ha!

Man I love that video. Sweet, Sweet setup.

8)