Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Blinder for the rear??

What is the likelihood that Blinder will make a tag mountable rear head (like the ZR3’s)? There is no possible way for me to install a rear head without carving up the rear deck lid or the rear bumper.

Banned

Default Its possible

I will shoot that across to Leon at blinder for you. The problem with that is one head is not enough to cover the back. You really need two heads. Maybe a two head tag.

Good Citizen

Understood. But they could make a tag frame that has two integrated heads - one to the left and one to right of the license plate.

Advanced Member

two heads isn't even enough to cover the back of a car...There use to be a video of M20, Lidatek le30, LPP on youtube of rear shot laser and the Blinder had the worst performance but it wasn't by much..

Blinder does a good job for front shots but you really need a laser diode jammer to protect rear

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

The biggest problem that I have is…. Where to mount on the rear? The only option that I have is to mount the head(s) to the rear tag via a frame. I don’t have a lip or ledge on the rear of the car not even around the bumper. The only exception is a small lip above the rear tag (where the tag lights are housed) but it's not deep enough to hold the heads :?

Banned

Default Not True

crazyVOLVOrob,

Actually since you are a LI/LPP person, your advice really doesn't matter in this case. Leon had the M40 tested at speedzones on the back of a full size white chevy pickup. two heads in the front and two on the back bumper. The rear jammed to Gun with only two LED Blinder heads. Here is the video.

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/products/m20.html

8)

Banned

Default I just have to ask

Tell me crazyVOLVOrob,

please explain how this certified police officer got JTG from a two head Blinder M20 shooting at the rear???. You saw the video from speedzones. Let me guess you thought this video was staged too; correct?? You Laser diode guys need to stay over on the LI forums where you belong. I think it just frustrates you, that the Blinder works so well. You really hate Blinder don't you? Hate all you want crazyVOLVOrob. It really makes my job easier when I show people independent test of how well the Blinder M-25's work. If i'm correct you posted a few videos of your blinder having issues. I don't believe you have contacted me or Leon over these issue's. So really it makes you look kinda, well whats the word I'm looking for :?:

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by jaykog
    The biggest problem that I have is…. Where to mount on the rear? The only option that I have is to mount the head(s) to the rear tag via a frame. I don’t have a lip or ledge on the rear of the car not even around the bumper. The only exception is a small lip above the rear tag (where the tag lights are housed) but it's not deep enough to hold the heads :?
    I'm facing the same issue right now with my LS. I have no idea where I can put the rear jammer heads for my LI.

Good Citizen

I think the issue is twofold; not only where to place the rear heads and also where will they be somewhat concealed??

Banned

Default Hmmmm

Sorry jaykog for getting off the subject. If you can send me a pic of the rear of your car, Maybe I can give you some ideas.

8)