Thread: saab install

Newcomer

Default saab install

Hey everyone,
    I just received my blinder and I am looking for a good place to mount it on my saab. I was also wondering if has anyone used double sided tape to mount their laser jammer. I don't want to drill and want to know if tape would be reliable.

Yoda of Radar

Tape is perfectly fine. Make sure to use a "proper" double-side tape (probably something expensive from 3M, usually included with the jammer) and you're golden. The tape is actually the standard fastener on jammer heads now anyway.

Interesting 9-3 :wink:

Newcomer

I began the installation today, and ended up taking out the lower grills, cutting them to fit the heads, and mounting the heads into the grills. Daviper helped me wire everything, and all was well until we tried to pull one of the plugs for the interface through my firewall. The material my gromet is made out of is apparently very very tough, and ripped the plug right off the wire. We ended up actually cutting the wire on the other head and rewiring it after i pulled it into the car in order to avoid the same problem. But as of now, I need another plug to wire one of the heads to. I am planning on taking a trip to an electronics store tommorrow, but if they don't have my plug Im hoping blinder does...

On another note, does anyone have any tricks to make sure the heads are parallel?

Yoda of Radar

Maybe put a level against the front and see if they match up?

Newcomer

yea i was thinking of doing that. The only problem is that the heads are mounted in the grills, and as you can see from the picture, the grills are set back in the car. so i cant put a yardstick or something flat to match them up

Newcomer

Ok so i think ive gone insane trying to make these heads perfectly parallel :x . At this point I just want the blinder mounted and running. If I eyball it closely and make sure the heads look parallel will this be good enough? I'll post some pictures of the install later today after i finish

Newcomer

Alrihgt I finally finished the install yesterday. And thanks to a police officer down the road, I was able to test it. THe LEO shot me for 10 seconds the first time I passed, so I'm guessing I had to be jamming. I took a few more passes and blinder went on everytime as well as the X50... I do have one question though, At one point the LEO shot me from far away for about 2 seconds, blinder went on. He then stopped shooting and shot me again at closer range. (this was the 3rd and final pass) Did he do this because he couldnt get a reading from far away, or because he knew I was jamming the signal. The police in my neighborhood use the Ultralite. On the second pass, the officer was letting a woman who had broken down use the gun. She shot at me from maybe 100 ft and then continued to shoot at me as I passed aiming right into my window. At any rate, tell me what you guys think of the install. I also want to give a shoutout to Roy for great service and for leon from blinder who I just ordered a spare part form.